• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Signs are looking good :)

blackop

Been lurking for a while. After test driving the last H3 and watching it get sold to someone else I took some time off. Well, I have a friend who is going to buy my traverse, releasing me from it for good. :D So I went out and found me a Shadow Green 2006. Less than 75k miles, fully decked out with features, the right color and everything. I also want to say it has the adventure package ( has the rear locking button on the 4wd selections?) Took it for a drive the other day and the dealership put a no sale on it for two weeks while I decide what to do. Checked it all over inside and out and couldn't find a single thing wrong with it.

Going over to my friends house tonight to look over his paperwork from the bank and set up a day to get everything done. Going to try and have it all ready to go for a one day in and out.

Thanks for keeping the mod ideas rolling though in my absence. I do enjoy coming on here and seeing everyone's rigs.

GoBlueHummer

Congrats from a fellow palm of the mitten. The green is nice because you just dont see them them that much only being made in 06.

blackop

I know. I've only seen two in the last few months. The first time I saw it I had to have it. I've got a green thing and it would just go perfectly with it. Lol.

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
May the H3 green force be with you! Don't recall seeing many if any green ones round here. Best of luck keep us posted and pics when ya can. :cheers:

GoBlueHummer

I know. I've only seen two in the last few months. The first time I saw it I had to have it. I've got a green thing and it would just go perfectly with it. Lol.

A green Thing? Hell yeah! I've got a green 72 Transporter Sunroof Deluxe. Parked next to the Humme,r it looks like I'm aerodynamically challenged

CreekH3

I leased a green H3 years ago and I have regretted turning it in ever since.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 759.JPG
    759.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 214

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Welcome and congrats on the "green thing". I love that color. Definitely don't see many of those.

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Congrats on the find!!! :woot: Maybe we can do some trail riding this summer at Bundy Hill? (Put that Locking differential to the test :giggle:) Don't think you live too far from me or the park.

blackop

Congrats on the find!!! :woot: Maybe we can do some trail riding this summer at Bundy Hill? (Put that Locking differential to the test :giggle:) Don't think you live too far from me or the park.

Never been to Bundy Hill. Really it isn't all that far, like a half hour maybe. Would certainly be worth a trip or two. Plan on spending quite about of time on Lake Michigan as well this summer.

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Yeah it's up in the Irish hills area, about 30 miles from my house... went there once last year, a week before Fall semester started, and am planning on multiple trips there this year... put all my newer mods to the test.

blackop

Nice. I actually grew up spending summers around the area. Cousins are really big with atvs. They have a summer cabin in Pentwater and have access to the dunes all summer long.

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Sweet, yeah I've got a 4-wheeler that I used to take down to Badlands in Indiana, might take it out to Bundy once or twice if I can get the engine up and running, (Had been sitting in storage for a few years...) but mostly the H3 will be getting the offroad attention. :giggle:

Neo

Badfish
i have your twin, bought in july of 05 and have put 48k miles on it with about 10k of that off road :thumbs:
GM did the same with the H2, green on only the first year trucks. probably for the military die hards like some of us :wink:
Hope you get it...

rsc

Congrats on finding that color, option pkg and low miles. My wife wants to dip her grey H3 to green, and I've thought about it too. It's my favorite H3 color. Don't forget the pictures when you get it home.

blackop

Congrats...Make sure all the 4x4 controls work. Those plastic shift forks though [emoji17][emoji29][emoji20]

Cycled through them on the test drive. They seemed to be working properly when I was going through things. Test drive for me means getting out of site of the dealer and pushing all the buttons, then driving it like I stole it. Probably my favorite part is the sunroof. I missed having it for the last year.

digglesworth

Search the head issue that plagued the early models. It wasn't a maintenance issue. Not trying to discourage you, just wanted to give you a heads up.

K0PIR

Congratulations and yeah I don't want to discourage you but the transfer case shift fork and the cylinder head issue can be a real bummer. Just because the controls look like they shift from lock to unlock doesn't mean they do. Take some tight turns in 4 high and see if it binds up. If the tires hop then it's still locked. I have an 06 and my transfer fork was replaced and I made sure my VIN number was outside of the cylinder head issue. At 75k I believe you'd still have some warranty left on those issues. I would check into the warranty. Best of luck to you and I love the green.

Rich - K0PIR

Last edited:

blackop

Not discouraging. I trust you guys don't want me to buy something with problems. Running the VIN just didn't show anything about it, so hopefully it's good to go. I do know that the shift fork was replaced with metal one early in its life. Threw the maintenance in there because somebody took really good care of this. Going to set up a date this week to go and ride around again as well as hopefully sign some papers. I really do value your guys' input. If I didn't I wouldn't be here. ;)

Last edited:

cbetts

NERD!!!
GM cancelled green around June 2006. I tried to order mine in that color with the green interior and was told it was no longer available so I went with Slate Blue instead. Turns out that color was also cancelled.

I think lime green would look good on it. Can't wait to see the build thread.