• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Kumho Road Venture MT 315/75/16

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
After a few long years of waiting to wear the OEM 33" Duellers to wear down (which didn't...I just couldn't wait anymore), I pulled the trigger on some new 35"s for Barney. Discount Tire had a decent rebate going along with a manufacturer rebate so I was able to justify it...:wink:

Anywho, I'll use this thread to keep track of how this particular tire performs, holds up, etc.

I'll have better pictures at some point, but here is the obligatory awful-cell-phone-pic to hold y'all over. :hans:

Pappibri

Looks good. I am about to go up to a 315 as well.. I love my Duratracs though, so I will be sticking with them. Been running them since they came out years ago and love em... Looking really good though Hans

arkalpha

I love mine. (35×12.5r17) Got about 12k miles on them and the ride great, wear great. I liked them enough to put a set on my son's 4runner too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Trouble gang.... my A-arm ( I think that is what that silver piece up top is) is rubbing against the tire.....it's sculpting a ring around the whole thing. I have the same spacers on my wheels as 06 H3 has on his. Any ideas how I cure this?

Here's the bit rubbing...
zugepete.jpg

Here's the ring it's running unto the tire.
a8yqavys.jpg

If it ain't one thing it's another...Ugg :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

benlaud87

Bigger spacer or if it's just barely touching you might be able to slightly grind the edge of the upper control arm end

Pappibri

Do you think my tires are f***ked?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
It depends on how deep that groove is. If it is just a surface wound than your good. They should have checked for clearance... But like Benlaud said, maybe if you do just a wee bit of grinding it will take care of the problem. Good luck...

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
can you see steel or nylon threads?

No....just smooth rubber. I would say its cut in maybe 1/16 or 1/8 of an inch if I had to guess...

It depends on how deep that groove is. If it is just a surface wound than your good. They should have checked for clearance... But like Benlaud said, maybe if you do just a wee bit of grinding it will take care of the problem. Good luck...
Yeah, I'm pissed they didn't. Odd as it may sound, I've never had a vehicle I put new tires on. When I left, I smelled some burning rubber but I figured it was all those little rubber hair-things burning off or something. What a moron... :gaah: I just hope I didn't destroy my new tires....I have road hazard on them....but I'm not sure if that covers Firestones' negligence.

chad

does that heppen much or do you think its something to do with that brand of tire? seems weird as i haven't read about that from any one else. well when you get it fixed we need to meet up this summer!!

SuperBuickGuy

No....just smooth rubber. I would say its cut in maybe 1/16 or 1/8 of an inch if I had to guess...

Yeah, I'm pissed they didn't. Odd as it may sound, I've never had a vehicle I put new tires on. When I left, I smelled some burning rubber but I figured it was all those little rubber hair-things burning off or something. What a moron... :gaah: I just hope I didn't destroy my new tires....I have road hazard on them....but I'm not sure if that covers Firestones' negligence.

I doubt you'll ever have problems with it; but Firestone is on the hook for not telling you of the problem before you left

I thought you had offset rims like you need to clear a rancho lift?

still, I also wonder if that's a defective tire... 315s are the same width as 305s

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
That's crazy, they shouldn't catch the arm with 1.75" spacers. I have the same as 06h3 as well.

Turns out I have 1.5" spacers... Guess I didn't think ahead when I bought them. Worked great for 33"s but not enough for 35"s with the lift kit.

ANyways, I've got 2" spacers on the way from Motorsport Tech (in case I ever get nuts and go to 37"s). Hopefully this set will get here quicker than the 1.5"s did a couple years ago....it took them 2 months to arrive. I would not have ordered from them again, but the spacers are solid and the product is good.

kilroy

Hows your camber on that wheel? Look like it's angled in @ the top? It could be a bad hub also, I've had them wear and the wheel would be slightly angled yet run down the road just fine. Good luck.