• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

USMC_315

Hey guys,

Just to start with a bit of background, about 6 months or so ago I took my H2 to MOORE CADILLAC for a service (I don't remember exactly what, but nothing major). Suddenly, a week later my air suspension went bad, no prior issues with it. It started with service air suspension warnings, and then shortly followed by the air bags deflating permanently.

It turned out that the air compressor was f**ked and had to be replaced, which would've cost thousands (if my memory serves me correctly) at the MOORE CADILLAC dealership. I figured that this was just coincidence and just ended up replacing the air suspension with new springs in place of the air bags.

Fast forward to last week, I took my deuce for an oil change up to the MOORE CADILLAC dealership. A couple of hours later, the truck is ready to go. I snatched the keys, jumped in, and as I was heading out of the parking lot I got an error message, "Battery Not Charging". So I immediately turned around and handed it right back, I explained what happened and a few minutes later the H2 came back to me supposedly fixed.

The mechanic said that he forgot to reconnect a wire and the error message was no longer there. So I drive her home and it's all fine and dandy until Saturday. As I'm driving to the movie theater, went to see "American Sniper" and I highly recommend it, the same message came up. This time it turns on, then turns off, turns on, turns off.

My patience for MOORE CADILLAC ran out and I seeked to deal with the issue myself. After fiddling around with it, I came to the conclusion that the alternator was done. Hmmmmm, strange. After calling the dealership explaining the "coincidence" the manager kindly offered me a new alternator free of charge. Anyway, the alternator comes in tomorrow and I'll be installing it myself to hopefully fix the problem and I will update if that is indeed what it was.

My warning to any and all Hummer owners in the northern VA area, AVOID MOORE CADILLAC.

USMC_315

Yeah, I changed the a/c belt today cause it was pretty chewed up. It was a gator belt and probably 30% of the teeth were stripped off. But the other looks pretty new, so I think I'll just leave it be.

HIROLA

I use Moore for the H3. However their hours suck so I started taking the H2 and H3 to Pohanka Chevy down the road a little bit more. I rarely bring any of the trucks in for service, but when I do, I don't have any issues.

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
thanks USMC, hopefully those in your area heed this warning. Just had my oil change done here in south florida and as i'm driving away my rig is rattling like a beast. I turned around went back and they apparently didnt tighten the shield below the filter. Not to mention they didnt wash the truck (again) and I later noticed they didnt add wiper fluid which i told them to(again). If their not even bothering with the wiper fluid which is an easy check i doubt their checking those other fluids...you know the important ones like brake fluid, etc...when i go back for the next oil change ill be sure to mention these things to them..it will be the last chance saloon for them.

USMC_315

Issue is that this is the second time they've caused a problem with my rig. I couldnt care less about the free alternator, thats nothing but a small price. It's the fact that they have caused me pretty big problems not once, but twice.

HIROLA, yeah I'll definitely be going over there from now on.

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
How did they cause these parts to fail? Just because a car is in the shop and something goes bad after doesn't mean they broke it. The rear compressor for the 2003 is prone to go bad. Why GM upgraded the replacement to a dual stage instead of single stage. With an oil change, there is no wire that they have to disconnect. Not really seeing how they screwed your truck up and more like coincidence to me. Strikes me odd that they are just going to hand you a free alternator without them installing it.
I have replaced both my compressor and alternator because they were bad

Last edited:

08H3

Sorry, but I stand by what I said. Your luck sucks, but unless there is more to it, I don't know how you can attribute the failure to the dealer. Pretty much agree with everything Zach said.

USMC_315

It seems a little to coincidental that two (somewhat) major repairs needed to be done right after it was serviced by this dealership, not to mention my H3 waaaaay back in the day had problem after problem serviced by you know who. No problems have ever arisen like this on either of my 2's until right after the dealership worked on it.

I'm not going to sit here to prove my point, only advising to tread carefully with this place.

justin94tt

I use Moore when I have warranty work done on my H3, actually just dropped it off today. I have never had an issue as of yet from this dealer. I use David as a service writer and he has always treated me right. Sorry you had a bad experience, but after the warranty expires in June, I'll probably be doing most repairs in the driveway to save money.

USMC_315

So I just finished putting it in a few hours ago. Went in fine and works perfectly, the battery is back up to 14 amps. However, there is now a whining noise coming from the engine bay, its not really loud but it can be heard from inside the vehicle when stopped.

It's a new noise so I'm guessing I put the belts back on incorrectly and it is causing a whining sound?

USMC_315

Should've taken up Renegades advice on both belts. Only changed the a/c belt at first. I just replaced the alternator belt for a new one and its silent. Truck running smoothly now.

kflips

I have had no issues with them. I believe they only have one mechanic who had been certified on the hummer given turnover but still no problems on my end with them other than dealers cost more $ than most.