• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Lift

mmpossum

Hello All,
Trying to find a lift kit or how to lift an H3. Would only like to get about 2-3" of lift, 4" would be the max. How have you guys done it?

650Hawk

Sadly, the only 4" lift WAS the Rancho, but it's no longer made/available (I believe there was also another brand back at the time, but it also is no longer available). Short of a SAS/SOA conversion, you're limited to cranking the torsions (to no more than 23.5" center of hub to fender lip), and a 1" (or 1.5"-2" homemade) body lift.

Gpcalero

Outfitter Designs makes a 1.25" body lift you could use to get the max body lift that are manufactured for the H3/H3T (other than what 650Hawk said but making a custom 1.5" or great body lift). Pair either the Daystar 1" or the Outfitter Designs 1.25" body lifts with a 35" or 37" tire and you will gain your wanted lift values.

Sbc350_h3

Crank your tbars and throw 35s on it. Only way to get a actual lift is to spend big dollars on only 4 inches of lift or custom build your lift. Either way it's not cheap.

H3Hummer

just crank your T bars, 23.5 " max , mesure from center hub to Fender. 35" or 315/75R16 will also fit without lift, but it looks better having the nose straight ;)

mmpossum

Thanks for the comments. So far my plan is:
Tires (35's)
Wheels (Correct offset)
Crank torsion up to 23.5", max
Install extended shackles (Any recommendations?)
Potentially install new shocks?
Potentially install high clearance leaf spring bolt plates?

Anything else I need to do while I have everything torn apart?