The H3 Hummer Hidden Winch Mount bolts on to the Hummer with no permanent modification required to mount an 8,000lb. winch. The winch mount is excessively strong, made from 3/8″ steel for unquestionable strength and reliability. Secured in place with 4 bolt massive bolts, 2 x 5/8” and 2 x 3/4“. Easily installed in a day, and most of that time is just properly relocating the control box solenoid. Designed to used with an Aluminum Hawse Fairlead and Synthetic Rope, providing the best in safety and strength. In stock, and ready to ship.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the list of winches that fit?
- I have no way of answering this question, I don’t have the ability to test every winch out there. I currently have the Warn M-8000s Winch mounted to my H3 Hummer. The width of the Warn M-8000s is 21.04″, the height is 7.6″, and the depth is 6.3″. The depth will not fit anything 1″ deeper, and the height is maxed out. The width could easily be another 5-10″ longer. However, I recommend matching those original dimensions, most quality winches will. Finally, the winch controller needs to have the ability to be remotely mounted.
- Cutting or Modifications to the H3 Hummer require?
- Absolutely no permanent changes are required, for the H3 Hummer Hidden Winch Mount.
- Do I need Synthetic Line?
- Yes, you need to use synthetic line. The winch mount has been designed with the intended use of an Aluminum Hawse Fairlead, I recommend the Smittybilt 2809 Universal Aluminum Hawse Fairlead because of the inexpensive price.
- How long is the installation time?
- With a competent mechanic, 3-4 hours is plenty of time.
- Are the Winch Mounts in Stock?
- Yes, I currently always have sets in stock and ready to ship.