• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Front differential slop

kato5226

Probationary Member
I just got my first h2 hummer, it sure is nice I am really enjoying it. I noticed that when I take off from a stop sign that I get a clunk in the front differential. How do I take the slop out. I can move the drive shaft back and forth so figure I can adjust the opinion and take the slop out. Does anyone have any ideas.

Iwillnc

I just got my first h2 hummer, it sure is nice I am really enjoying it. I noticed that when I take off from a stop sign that I get a clunk in the front differential. How do I take the slop out. I can move the drive shaft back and forth so figure I can adjust the opinion and take the slop out. Does anyone have any ideas.
What do you mean by, “move the drive shaft back and forth” it’s not unusual for well worn rubber mounts to get loose with time and there is a way to put in new bushings to cradle the diff in place but I’m not sure that’s your issue judging by the previously mentioned statement.