• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2019 Black Sheep Week - April 21

High Five H2

So I should be getting there on Saturday with my family. I have a yurt (don't ask, my wife did the booking) for Sat and Sun night and a cabin for tuesday through whenever we leave, I dunno what day that is. So we're looking for a campsite or something for just Monday night. I keep hearing there's a place where we can stay, but also that it's no longer available. Can we camp there one night?

Also, is there a schedule or anything? I may skip out a few days and go hiking or see some museums. I don't know if my kids are as excited as I am about sitting in a hummer all day :D

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I should be getting there on Saturday with my family. I have a yurt (don't ask, my wife did the booking) for Sat and Sun night and a cabin for tuesday through whenever we leave, I dunno what day that is. So we're looking for a campsite or something for just Monday night. I keep hearing there's a place where we can stay, but also that it's no longer available. Can we camp there one night?

Also, is there a schedule or anything? I may skip out a few days and go hiking or see some museums. I don't know if my kids are as excited as I am about sitting in a hummer all day :D

You should be able to camp at Neo's old place. House burned down but he has about 1.5 acres in town backed up to a creek.

Highatop

So, we are not goin to make it again this year. With spring here, there are lots of jobs startin and cant get away. Everyone have fun, be safe an take lots of pics

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Bummer, no Doug or Highatop or Little Top!

Oltorf, I second what David said about Neo's place as a short term campsite. I'll PM you some information.

We pretty much make the plans each night and you can go off on your own or join in - no rules here! However, as a I change I do have the suggestion that we do Poison Spider on Sunday since it's a pretty straightforward trail and everyone seems to enjoy it. We'll stop at our normal place before the whoops though others can continue on and do the longer version if they want. Bring lunch as we eat at the turnaround spot. We'll make sure you are able to run Hell's Revenge since it's the most iconic of trails in Moab.

Normal schedule is meet at 9 am at the Outpost (I'll PM you the address, and if anyone else needs it let me know) and head out. Please be gassed up and (sometimes) aired down before we take off. We don't drive quickly through town to our trails so your tires would be fine aired down. You can air down at the trailhead too if you are more comfortable with that.

We typically finish early to mid afternoon and everyone's on their own to do whatever (T-shirts and stickers are best sourced at The T-Shirt Shop, 38 N Main St, at Center and Main). Dinner is figured out around this time as well. Sometimes it's group dinners at a restaurant or at our condo or Bebe's condo. The condos also work as an evening gathering place, or maybe around a camp fire at Neo's.

Please, no adult beverages on the trail! I'm sure we'll be enjoying adult beverages in the restaurants, Outpost, condos, etc. Before each trail we'll have a quick driver's meeting. On the trails we stick together. If one breaks, we hang out until we get that vehicle going again. Please keep the driver behind you in your rear view so we don't have anyone lost. We're pretty much still on CBs for communication with a channel TBD.

Neo

Badfish
I'm glad I double checked this....

Apparently I booked our condo for Sunday - Saturday so we will be arriving Sunday the 21st.

was in Moab yesterday and this morning, town looked busy for being this early in EJS. saw a big group at Flat Iron Mesa as we headed back to Colorado. I'll be back in Moab on Sunday to see everyone, lots of space on the property for trailers/camping. we can party around the crater too ;)

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
A/C ready for Moab! Any guesses on who did the recharge?
5d777a57ba3b5f41932ed54c584c2699.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JPaul

I'll be camping out at Neo's, got the truck topper on the trailer a couple weeks ago so I'll probably be bringing that down to keep my gear in and to sleep in. Weather should be nice but last time I tried to camp in a tent down there the wind was terrible, kept me up all night. Last year we borrowed a popup tent trailer and that was pretty nice since I had my.daughters with me. Just me this year so the POS trailer will be sufficient.

I'm scrambling to get the truck ready, still need to get my UCP back on, gear loaded back in, fridge in, and hopefully get this new Switch Pros SP-9100 all installed. Also need to do a fluid and lube check. Oil was changed recently so I'm good there. I'd like to get the snorkel installed and my roof mount camp lights, but we'll see how it goes.

Planning on coming down either Saturday morning or afternoon depending on how it goes this week getting everything ready. Weather isn't cooperating right now, rain all day today and most of tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bebe

So for food this year we are bringing Ugly beans with Marie Calendar's Cornbread and a big pot of Chicken Adobo and Jasmine rice. Thinking Ugly Beans on Sunday night and Adobo on Tuesday or Wednesday.