• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Off Roading Bus

deserth3

Saw this while driving to antelope island. Of course the ones who thought it was a good idea to drive a bus onto the lake bed also came up to me in a razor and told me I couldn't stop in the causeway.
Pretty sure they didn't like me taking pictures.
72af8b66f669abfaac6680af2d5534cb.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

deserth3

Yes. But my language was a little more colorful. Had a few things going on already this morning and just wanted a short peaceful drive. But idiots come out of the woodwork some days.
He either took a picture of my license plate or pretended too. I said go ahead.
Stopped and talked to one of the ranger on my way out. Didn't expect anything to happen. But let them know I won't be put pushed around by idiots.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Read the article. Sounds like they are a pile of cry babies who think their *** don't stink.

Reminds of of the time I took this photo in a Walmart parking lot in Pocatello and the guy came over telling me I had to delete the photo cause the vehicle was privately owned. Considering what he was driving, and walking around looking for gas money, didn't take too long to let him know about expectation of privacy in a public place.

9RuOxqg.jpg

deserth3

That's a pretty good assessment of this crowd.
Hope I never have dealings with them again.

deserth3

I have no idea. I knew Fremont was privately owned. But I never heard who opened it.
Why, did you have first dibs??[emoji6]

JPaul

I have no idea. I knew Fremont was privately owned. But I never heard who opened it.
Why, did you have first dibs??[emoji6]

Yep, called dibs when I moved to Centerville from Colorado Springs. Total jerks. :giggle:
Actually I didn't realize there was anything on Salt Lake that was privately owned aside from the shoreline Morton owns down at the bottom.

Those Diesel brothers are kind of a piece of work. On one hand they do some cool stuff, like giving that guy that got harrased while trying to camp with his family a basically new truck and what not (though I think they went way overboard by not only rebuilding his truck but also giving him a camper and side by side and whatever else they gave him, it wasn't that big of a setback for him to have someone pick on him because of a broken truck, but whatever), but on the other hand they were helping people do the whole stupid "rolling coal" garbage and whatnot.

deserth3

Yep, called dibs when I moved to Centerville from Colorado Springs. Total jerks. :giggle:
Actually I didn't realize there was anything on Salt Lake that was privately owned aside from the shoreline Morton owns down at the bottom..

Found out recently southern part of Antelope Island is also privately owned.
Stansbury Island is partially privately owned. The top most part is Federaly owned and people hike up there. Though you do have to cross private land to get there and I've heard of people being harassed by people hired by the owner to "record names" of people going up the trail. Don't know how true that is.
I do know there is a road running along the west side to a Salt Lake overlook that's owned by the state. Of course there you have to go through a gate with a whole bunch of threatening no trespassing signs. The state had to put up a sign saying the road is a public thru fare and the land on either side is private land.
Haven't heard anything about any of the other islands.

At certain times of years they are miserable places to visit. Biting knats in the spring, horse flies, mosquitoes. ANd even spiders proliferate at certain times. That's when Antelope Island has their spider week. On top of heat and very little shade in the summer.

JPaul

Crazy. We'd go shooting out on the south end of Stansbury once a year or so not too long ago, haven't gone for the last couple years though. Had no idea that was private land. Never was harassed by anyone.

deserth3

My bad. I don't know about the South end. But the rest of the island matches my description.