• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anybody have this 'cold air intake kit' on their H3?

amrg

Given the fact that there is no shield to block engine bay air from being sucked into the intake, its no longer a Cold air intake.
If you really want to improve airflow, get a snorkel. It sucks the cooler air from above, not the hotter air from behind the tires or the HOT engine bay. When I did my snorkel, the air temps measured by the sensor were 2* off from ambients compared to the stock setup of 5* +

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bowser-II

Link is not working for me.

Anyways Your H3 already has a decent ‘cold air intake’ because it draws in air from the fender to a closed air filter box. You would gain nothing and maybe lose performance (and I don’t strictly mean HP either).

Change your filter type, eliminate the air box, stuff like that may net you a better sound, tiny bumps in power, etc. If you really want to change your air intake look at the Air Doc stuff in the vendor section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowtrac

I made my own resonator delete / Air Doc style intake from some Home Depot parts.

d210c89ed1fefa00eb542430d058e280.jpg

lowtrac

How different is the engine sound?

I really didn’t notice a difference. Maybe slightly louder but there are so many other things that make noise on this thing that it’s hard to tell.