• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

sunroof 06 H2 SUT

woflie

Good Morning. The sunroof in my H2 seems to be out of adjustment. All functions work as they should. When closed, the glass seems to have at least 1/4 inch of movement up and down both front and back. Push up from underneath and it moves. When driving the wind will cause the glass to, "shudder." If I tilt the back up there doesn't seem to be any movement of the glass when open. What am I looking for here. Is this possibly caused by being out of adjustment, or something more serious? I can't believe that it is just worn out. Thanks, Woflie.

woflie

both my trucks have same issue. I just live with it. Not sure it can be fixed.
And they don't leak? I haven't had it in the rain. The people that I bought it from assured me that it doesn't leak, and there are no water marks on the headliner. It is however PIA for me. Wife mentions it everytime we go some where.

It's a common thing on H2's it appears. It shouldn't leak because the drains are contained on the inside under the glass anyway. If the motor is still functioning correctly, then it's the track system which is made of metal and of course plastic tumblers that all the window to easily move back and forth as you hit the button. We anyway, the plastic tumblers start wearing down and getting smaller with time (so yes it a wear and tear thing) and unfortunately, I believe their are part of the whole track system unit. So they can't be changed, only way to truly fully repair it, is to replace the whole track system. Not cheap, trust me... But it works wonderful when it's new!