• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wheeling in Central Va?

Hayden

Toyo M/T
Is there any legal places to go wheeling in the central virginia area. Ideally within an hour? I know of a bunch of posted places but try my best to avoid them bc it gives wheelers a bad name. Im not sure if anyone from the forum is even from around here but i figured id ask! Thanks!

USMC_315

I'm in loudoun county and only know of a handful of places to go, sadly most of the folks here are way out in cali so we pretty much got to find our own trails solo, let me know if you head up this way anytime soon though we can hit up a couple of trails over here

SkidRow

I'm in Norfolk and would love to get together one weekend for a run. Maybe a camping trip down to the OBX?

3rdH3

Contact the Sinking Creek Four Wheel Drive Association in Blacksburg. They have a website that should have contact info. They are largely college students with a few others mixed in. Good Luck

Hayden

Toyo M/T
Thanks yall! And a trip would be awesome its just finding time to do it. I found out about a group called "Virginia Outlaw ORB Park" on facebook. Theyre looking to buy land in SE VA. If that comes through itd be awesome!

USMC_315

anybody down for the 10th or 11th? Got a jeep buddy whod be down, so far our adventures have been comprised of backyards and construction sites haha. I'd like to get out on an actual trail before I head down to PI

napalmsticks

Overall GWNF was very fun. The trail itself was easy with great views. There were a few spots where the rear locker and rails came in handy.

napalmsticks

Just up 227 to flagpole knob and meadow knob then down 225. I didn't have a spotter and came down on my sliders a few times. I need to invest in UCP and possibly a winch. I really want to hit the other two that are out there.

Last edited:

USMC_315

Thanks man, I'm probably going to head out there in the next week or so. Guess I'll have to throw on my new rockers before I head out

SkidRow

My neighbor and I plan on camping in the GWNF in early October one weekend. Anyone interested in joining us?

napalmsticks

I am going out on the 10th to either The Cove or GWNF depending on if the wife tags along. Do you have a planned weekend yet?

napalmsticks

Well that was fun!

Attachments

• IMG_20151013_0734314_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20151013_0734314_rewind.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 141