• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Photography

PbSlinger

Android.
With that ..thing that has the little thing cut out on the back of the phone....and I hit the little thing that looks like a camera shutter...yeah.
Which is why I don't post very many pics...

But these pictures are awesome! Stunning, even, some of them!

CNY750Rider

I took a advanced photoshop class once and have some masking tips I could post. They work wonders. I just recorded the macro and run it on all my photos by default now (the ones I edit anyways lol)

Figured I'd post the tips:

Unsharp Mask (sharpen detail w/o touching color)

1. get picture @ 100% size
2. image-->mode-->lab color
3. channels pallette
4. choose lightness channel (lightness is perfect grayscale)
- Channel A = 50% color, no detail
- Channel B = 50% color, no detail
5. Filter Sharpen--->unsharp mask
6. make sure preview is on
7. move all sliders to left
8. threshold (do not select smooth areas) enter 6 for default
(threshold points - if left everything/if right points to edges only)
9. amount - move to 500% and come back again (amount does the sharpening)
10. radius (tap up key until you see glowing objects)
spreads (width of sharpening - bring back down until glowing edges go away, then up one)
11. amount (adjust to what looks best)
12. go back to original mode

Note: unsharp mask is alawys the last thing you do when editing a photo.

F12 reverts to see the dramatic sharpening....

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Here are a few of mine:
FJ_911_TheCliffs-Mudpit.jpg

What type of lense and camera do you use?

Last edited:

Hunner

I don't want to seem picky, but to keep this thread from being bloated with repeat photos to scroll thru, it is not necessary to re-post someones entire post of photos just to ask a question. Just a thought to consider please.:)
Since I happen to be in my photo program, I see his EXIF file shows he shot that with a
Nikon D100
1/100s
F5
18mm

Last edited:

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
I don't want to seem picky, but to keep this thread from being bloated with repeat photos to scroll thru, it is not necessary to re-post someones entire post of photos just to ask a question. Just a thought to consider please.:)
Since I happen to be in my photo program, I see his EXIF file shows he shot that with a
Nikon D100
1/100s
F5
18mm

Changed just for you!:wink: Thanks Hunner!

I started with a Yasica Electro 35 back in my army days.
Progressed to a Nikon F2as, then to a F4, then to a F5 and onto the current D200 and D300. Most of my money is actually wrapped up in pro lenses (All F2.8 or faster).
And yes, I have taken some waterfall shots. These are all from the F5 (although a few could be from a F100 I had for a year or two). All on Fuji Velvia film...

Little river off the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, and yes, that is snow and yes, the water was f-ing cold
GSMNPStreamwithSnow-1.jpg

RoaringForkStream_Snow.jpg

Highest water fall east of the MS river
White water falls, NC

Wow, love these pics!!! The Bryophytes look like they're glowing!!

spongebobnopants

Nikon D100
1/100s
F5
18mm

Actually, this was shot with a Sony Alpha55 and kit 18-55 lens. It shoots 10 fps with a a translucent mirror. Great for action shots that are coming at you since it can continue to autofocus. Not sure why the exit data says different. The Sydney bridge photo, however was from my old D100.

My a77 just showed up and I'm chomping at the bit to use it.

Hunner

Well since I was commenting on the bridge shot, I checked the EXIF on the bridge shot!! ha ha That is a great shot.

Hunner

One of the reason I wanted to get back into a 4x4 in 2006 was to go back to capturing images again out in the wilds of the country. The H3 fit my needs, just right. Four doors for easy access to equipment and locks up tight and dry. Plus all the other great features.
Here are a few bird pictures from my collection that without the H3 might have not been possible. These were not at the zoo!
BrownPelican.jpg

0140ds.jpg

5x0176s.jpg

8x0129.jpg

8x0308.jpg

8x0314ds.jpg

gulls17s.jpg

DAH_5xv2325s.jpg

Last edited:

Hunner

Thanks guys, it helps to share what I shoot for my personal collection, and get some input. I'm glad you were interested in them.
I worked hard for those shots and the H3 got me there and some I shot from my Whaler that I towed with my H3. Most of my old Kodachrome, Ektachrome and Fujichrome slides are not aging well, so I am trying to get some new images. I have scanned in a lot but will probably not be able to save them all. Slides were my favorite medium so I could show them on a big screen. Digital has changed all that. One feature added to the D300 I really like is the HDMI out. I have not found a favorite adapter yet to use the CF card in and output HDMI. I have not looked for awhile but surely now there are some good ones.
I burn to DVD for presentations so I use a deck for that. Since digital projectors have been so dang high priced I just pack up a 47 inch flat screen for medium size groups. That was where the price point was just before a 55 inch which was a lot more a few years ago.

Nacho

Now with Chese
Right now I'm using a point and shot Kodak digit camera that has a decent optical zoom. I use Photoshop for any editing.

Here is a panoramic pieced together in Photoshop.
Panoramawm.jpg

I'm looking to update to a DSLR soon.

DJinCO

Nacho,

As I was strolling through Best Buy the other day, I noticed that they were selling tiny cameras in cases for use on ski's etc... for making videos. I guess that in this area every kid wants a video of them doing something stupid on skis to post on you tube.

:horns:

Duhh.