• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tube doors...

RamRod

Check me out on Instagram at @bluewolffabrication and @chocflip201

@bluewolffabrication will be giving away a 6" LED light bar at 250 followers.

I saw this yesterday and checked out some of your photo's and I have to say I was very impressed with your fab skills my friend!

I look forward to seeing the H3 stuff come out!

skeptic

You can join us in a PNW run then!
Count on it! Car camping with fishing and no crowds, offroad trails, etc.. I'll be looking to you guys to show me the ropes.

FWIW I grew up in Independence OR, went to college at OSU, I have family in Salem.. I haven't lived there since 2000 and didn't start car camping or wheeling until after I left so while this will be a homecoming for me I'm pretty clueless on where to go for these types of things.

Of course this is all assuming this relocation thing works out.

4speedfunk

Yesterday I talked briefly with my tube-guy about some doors. He says no problem...not a huge project. He has made many for Jeeps & Yotas. If anybody wants em...a custom one off set is very do-able. Built on your truck...will take a few days.

However PRODUCING them is a tad more complicated. Producing them for an affordable price is even more difficult. We might take a stab at it just to see what sort fab-time it would take. Jigs for each door would be required. Powder coat of course. Tubes are done using a computer so they will be consistent from set to set. Skins are laser cut. But the toughest part of the whole project isn't the fabrication...it's making money off them! IMO...they're only worth $900 to $1200 MSRP per set. Working backwards from this retail price leaves very little profit after fabrication. This is why many companies won't even consider mass-producing Hummer parts. It takes numbers to be profitable.

In the case of tube doors (and fenders)...one-off builds might be the way to go.

Last edited:

rsc

I would love to have a set for just the front. I don't have this as a priority right now though. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out tho.

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
Any pics?

A batch of tubes doors, with pics, price and info will be available at the beginning of May.

I'm currently just finishing up everything it will take to have a batch of the 20" LED bar hood pods ready for the few who would be interested in those first.

zackcrum

I would love a set of front tube doors. Seeing out on a trail almost makes me want to sit on a phone book and I'm not even short!

kamikazi

A batch of tubes doors, with pics, price and info will be available at the beginning of May.

I'm currently just finishing up everything it will take to have a batch of the 20" LED bar hood pods ready for the few who would be interested in those first.

Realizing the "development" costs I'd be interested if they come in reasonable!

Ron46

Capt.
I'm definitely interested in the hood pods, do you have any pictures of them?