• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anyone Ever see this front bumper before?

RamRod

Came across this H3T while checking the local ad's

Never seen a bumper like this before!

384086d274e7afea5e4925f0fd6dfbfc.jpg

38425c7ea5387d0d5a108d4df04ccba7.jpg

Is it something I missed or do you guys figure it's custom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best4x4

Nice looking metal replacement and still keeping the OEM shape and clearances. I'd buy one if it was reasonable.

SuperBuickGuy

I like it... wouldn't be too terribly difficult to build - wouldn't be cheap, though because most of that is laser cut aluminum, and the layout/cut of it is not cheap to have done.

4speedfunk

I like it. Its basically a metal fascia panel, sitting on top of a Schwarttzy type winch mount. Anybody that has spent an entire day winching can appreciate a fully exposed winch...that's a must-have around here. But, I'm not sure you're going to pull anything with a Polaris-sized 3000lb ATV winch like that. Just for looks I'm guessin.

Best4x4

Pretty sure that Winch is the Warn 9.0RC which isn't an ATV winch. It's Warn's $$$$ competition winch series which is supposed to have a smaller footprint, but still have a 9,000LB rating. That H3T isn't bad, and I'd buy it if I had the $$$$$.

My ARB winch setup is semi hidden (still has two large holes to access it) and it never bothers me when I winch. I have the Warn Wireless setup as well, but since the solenoid box is mounted externally plugging in the wired remote isn't an issue.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
The 9k winch is badass. Like 1500 bucks so that takes the badass factor away but for racing it's worth it's seeing it's less then half the weight depending on the winch

High Five H2

actually, Recon's H3 wan't a build at all. It's a hoax, he just went to Mexico and bought one. Turns out, they're all awesome solid axle, 38 inch tire monsters. Recon just bought one of those!!

4speedfunk

I actually think that may be modeled from the BA bumper. If you check out the bends and fog-light areas...it looks real similar.

clickclickboom

I actually think that may be modeled from the BA bumper. If you check out the bends and fog-light areas...it looks real similar.

True, it just doesn't look nearly as heavy in the front as the BA bumper does. Maybe because this one also uses the stock front skid. Winch is also higher I believe.