• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

How to install remote start - Hummer H3

Humvdood

Howdy,

I own and automotive detailing and electronics installation business here in Fort Worth.
I recently bought a 2006 H3 Base and wanted to install remote start - most systems take 4 hours with soldering.
However, this took me 8 hours.
I have all of the wiring diagrams but was blown away at how wrong they were so I thought I'd post my how to here to help anyone who may be considering installing this option.

First of all, you do not need an immobilizer bypass module for this vehicle - in fact, I tried 3 different "compatible" bypasses and they all failed to actually BYPASS the system.
Use TechDoc 1603 to bypass the passlock system - amazon has a pack of resistors for all assigned passlock values for around $5 and you can buy two relays and harnesses for around $10. $15 for a failproof bypass is better on the pocketbook anyway.

http://amzn.com/B0015HMXOI
http://amzn.com/B00C0SATHE

Now for the wiring - I posted the pic of the wiring diagram but here are a few notes I wanted to make:

Locks - BCM Black Plug:
Power Lock - light blue - pin A11
Power Unlock - White - pin A12
White unlock only unlocks the driver's door unless you connect the two-step unlock wire from the remote start - you hit the button twice and it unlocks all doors.
You can connect to the Dark Blue wire at either lock switch in the door to unlock all doors with a single push of the unlock button - I just didn't want to run a wire into the door or cut into the harnesses to chase the wire down.

Door triggers - located at BCM Black Plug:
Front Driver's door - gray/black - pin A32
Front Passenger's door - light green/black - pin A38
Rear Driver's door - black/white - pin A39
Rear Passenger's door - blue/black - Pin A44
Trunk/hatch - common with Rear Passenger Door
My remote start system only had one wire for a door trigger - most people would just put it on the drivers door and call it good. but I isolated each door trigger wire with diodes and connected them all to the door trigger wire.

Once I got it all in and everything figured out, I know I could do another one in my regular 4 hour time frame.
It's not horribly hard, there just isn't a lot of accurate information on this vehicle available.

Attachments

• 2006 h3 remote start wiring.PNG
    2006 h3 remote start wiring.PNG
    71.2 KB · Views: 6,068
  • GM Ignition Ohms.jpg
    GM Ignition Ohms.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3,701
  • TechDoc 1603.jpg
    TechDoc 1603.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 27,563

Humvdood

I might need to head over and check out you shop the next time I'm in DFW. :thumbs:

I'm mobile at the moment - most of my work comes from bodyshops subbing out work in exchange for me swapping them paintwork.
We're in the process of leasing a shop off I35 in Burleson before you hit Fort Worth from Fort Hood.
My business name is Autoholic Detail Services - not advertising - just saying ;)

RamRod

Just wondering if you ever use the Titan remote start systems?

I currently have their basic one way remote system installed but I broke both of the fob transmitters and need to replace them ASAP, know where I can get the Fobs?

Humvdood

Was that just for the install or was the remote start unit included?
That's not a terrible deal if that's out the door. I'd charge around $300 just for the install.

Humvdood

Just wondering if you ever use the Titan remote start systems?

I currently have their basic one way remote system installed but I broke both of the fob transmitters and need to replace them ASAP, know where I can get the Fobs?

I've never done Titan - that's a Canadian company. I think they're owned by the same people that manufacture Cobra and Audiovox.
If you tell me the model number of the control unit I can tell you all of the compatible remotes.

RFG

Was that just for the install or was the remote start unit included?
That's not a terrible deal if that's out the door. I'd charge around $300 just for the install.
That's with the Remote Start included. He said it was a PITA cause of the mutt wiring Saturn/Hummer blend.

Humvdood

Wicked!

It's the TS133

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Dude, I've exhausted my resources looking for compatible replacement remotes - no one down here in Texas knows anything about Titan.
I emailed their tech support but I keep getting "delivery failed" notices.
Ebay has a used ts133 remote for like $30, you could snatch it up.

Remotes for aftermarket units are stupid expensive.
It's actually cheaper for me to buy the entire remote start system with 2 remotes and everything than it is for me to buy a single remote.

What is broken on them? if it's just the plastic casing I've repaired them with a $8 plastic welder from Harbor Freight - sanded them down - and painted them whatever color the customer wanted.

Humvdood

That's with the Remote Start included. He said it was a PITA cause of the mutt wiring Saturn/Hummer blend.

Yeah I'd jump all over that if he's reputable.
My breakdown for my cost looks like this:
Autopage RS730 LCD - $65
30 feet various 16 gauge wire - $8
3 Bosch relays - $10
Miscellaneous materials (tape, heat shrink tubing, resistors, etc) - $10
Labor (what I pay myself) 5 hours @ $25 per hour - $125
Total cost - $218

But I'd charge $120 for the unit and $50 an hour for the install so it'd be around $450 with tax out the door.

RFG

Yeah I'd jump all over that if he's reputable.
My breakdown for my cost looks like this:
Autopage RS730 LCD - $65
30 feet various 16 gauge wire - $8
3 Bosch relays - $10
Miscellaneous materials (tape, heat shrink tubing, resistors, etc) - $10
Labor (what I pay myself) 5 hours @ $25 per hour - $125
Total cost - $218

But I'd charge $120 for the unit and $50 an hour for the install so it'd be around $450 with tax out the door.
He's reputable. He's the only guy in town too. Lol. But everyone goes to his shop. All Extreme 4x4.

RamRod

Dude, I've exhausted my resources looking for compatible replacement remotes - no one down here in Texas knows anything about Titan.
I emailed their tech support but I keep getting "delivery failed" notices.
Ebay has a used ts133 remote for like $30, you could snatch it up.

Remotes for aftermarket units are stupid expensive.
It's actually cheaper for me to buy the entire remote start system with 2 remotes and everything than it is for me to buy a single remote.

What is broken on them? if it's just the plastic casing I've repaired them with a $8 plastic welder from Harbor Freight - sanded them down - and painted them whatever color the customer wanted.

Thanks for the help!! I bought that one

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Ghostbuster

Thanks for this thread!

So the autopage c3-rs730lcd is a good remote start kit to get?

Humvdood, can you give your fellow Hummer owners a discount? I see the retail price is around $120, but I'm all about saving money.
[h=1][/h]

Humvdood

I'm not an autopage certified vendor. I'm only Avital (viper, clifford, python, etc.). I went with autopage through a buddy/competitor who's autopage certified because I wanted to try something different - I can't get it cheaper than $120 cause I'd have to call in more favors.

I like the rs730. Once I figured out all of the Hummer BS, this system has had zero issues. plus you've got 4 extra channels to play with if you wanted to control some auxillary systems like windows. A cool thing with this system compared to others is you can program the auxillary channel pulse times. So instead of buying a $100 window control relay, you can program it to roll down your windows based on the amount of time it takes you to do it with the buttons and do the same thing with a second channel to roll them up.

noylekul

Probationary Member
Does the TechDoc system come with all the instructions on how to do the bypass? I need to bypass my system because my H3 is having the passlock issues that many others experience.

Jayson DK

Im doing the remote start on my 06 H3 and I am stumped on this final wire.

Where in the world does the wire circled actually go to? it says Ignition of car or remote start unit.. but there's like 3. and if I run it to ignition of car, its just like bypassing the relay isnt it?

https://s10.postimg.org/fqj575rpl/attachment.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

jryanantczak

I'm at the tail end of a similar install.... (2008 Hummer H3) and need to make a connection between the main remote start labeled "Ignition #1 (+) Input/Output" and the vehicle. Does this simply get connected to the white/green from the ignition switch harness (which is Ignition(+))?
Thank you in advance for anyone that can be of assistance!

gp1182

Probationary Member
Hello
I know this is old but I am wondering if you can share your Wiring diagram. My hummer h3 is having the same issue and the guy who put it doesn’t know what else
To do.

You can share that at gp1182@gmail.con
If you dont mind.

Thank you