• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HCruise860

Probationary Member
Hey everyone. So I tried to search for specific answers in the forum but cant seem to pinpoint the answers I'm looking for. Pretty sure one of the bushings on my crossbar is shot. So I did a little research and found Energy Suspension Universal Body Mount kits. Seems to be the only thing I can find to replace the OEM bushings. Has anyone used these? Do they fit? I'm pulling it off of the JCWhitney website: http://www.jcwhitney.com/energy-sus...-kits/p3039202.jcwx?filterid=c11301d17606u0j1

Second question: While I need to replace the bushings I was also thinking about a 1" body lift. I've already done a leveling kit and love how that made my ride look. But the name that keeps coming up on the forum is Daystar http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dys-kg04501bk . Are these worth the money? I've seen pics posted on here of before and afters and they look good. Add a little more aggressiveness to a stock H3. MY MAIN QUESTION: do I have to put in new body mount bushings? or can I just buy the body lift kit and will that solve my current problems? If I have to buy both, so be it. But I'm just looking for some veteran input. Thanks in advance everyone!

digglesworth

Bushings on what crossbar? Bushing for your front diff? Body mount bushings usually don't cause any trouble. The body lift will be an add-on and not in conjunction... There's 12 body mounts. 6 on each side. Not really sure what bushings you're looking to replace. Maybe post up a pic if you're not sure what it is. As far as brands, daystar is the only company that makes specific body lift kits for our trucks. It's basically pucks with holes in them with longer bolts.

cbetts

NERD!!!
I am running the Daystar body lift and like it. I biught it mainly to give my 35" tires more clearance since I was hearing them run when fully articulated.

Look for the lift when it is on sale. It is worth it considering that the bolts alone will cost the that much!

derian06

Red Rockett
I am running the Daystar body lift and like it. I biught it mainly to give my 35" tires more clearance since I was hearing them run when fully articulated.

Look for the lift when it is on sale. It is worth it considering that the bolts alone will cost the that much!

Can anyone do the install? I'll have enough to add a 1" body lift after the rancho

cbetts

NERD!!!
Yep, did mine in the garage. The instructions were written for a Alpha and require different instructions for the modification of the radiator shroud. Also, buy a bottle of thread lock and use a LOT of it. I have had my bolts back out on me, causing a little concern.

derian06

Red Rockett
Anyone have a picture of a rancho with a daystar lift next to one with just a rancho? Or just a picture of the rancho with 1" body vs. stock.

mudbug

trail blazer
Can anyone do the install? I'll have enough to add a 1" body lift after the rancho

I am a mechanic for a living but I installed mine in my apartment complex parking lot with basic hand tools and two factory style jacks.
As cbetts stated the instructions are for a alpha not for the I-5 but the I-5 install is simple and no cutting of the fan shroud is required.
You can look at the daystar install instructions online.

amrg

Ive helped my friend do the install. Overall took us 10 hours and that was mostly coz of really really rusted bolts and we had to make do without a vice. I reckon we wouldve done it in 6 hours if we had a vice and a BFH and even less if we had power tools and a proper jacking system!

Best4x4

I did BL's on both my Wranglers and it took me maybe an hour with normal tools. They had 11 body mounts vs the H3's 12. I used a bottle jack and loosened one side and then the opposite side slighlty. Jacked it up enough to install the BL Spacers, then off to the other side, and finally the front. Bolts being stubborn are certainly a time killer! Friends rusty Wrangler took us nearly 5hr!!

RamRod

When I did a BL on my old Xterra it had only 10 bolts to remove..... Murphy's Law, the 10th wouldn't come out.... I had a proper fitting socket on the impact and the heat of trying to loosen it off damaged the bolt head.... So I had to grease the bolt up for two weeks while I ordered the right size stripped bolt remover set (couldn't find a kit locally for 14mm).... Once the kit came the grease had time to work it's magic and the bolt came out no problem!
Moral of the storey? Grease that $h!t up for a week or two before starting... It will save you a huge headache!

Sent from handheld smoke signal device