• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Straight axle Swap

silvrzuki77

Hopefully thats for a pair you are talking about even then thats super inflated price. I know a front 60 from them would run about 6-7k with everything needed. At least last time I talked to them and rear were about half that price. Maybe your paying 5k extra for the name.

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Rock60(high pinion) front, ARB air locker, CV shafts, big brake kit(f-450), ABS, 5.38 gears. Rear rock80, mine is a FIRST 80 (had to donate another H2 rear end to get all this)to have E-BRAKE and ABS (GM). So just R&D to completion took 9 month. Believe me 20k is not even a downpayment on this job. I guess I forgot Atlas 3:1 TC, 4link front and rear, coil overs, airbags on the rear axel. I am not wealthy enough to do half ass job and continue fix and modify it later.

Andrew H3t did his front SAS, don't know specs, for ~15k. No CVaxels, don't know what locker if any.

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

Pretty sure lance has been running his since last KOH with abs in his jk with 40's. Thats the first dynatrac 80 rear I saw. You can check pirate if you want. Nothing real special.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
yep...lance has had his 80 on for a while.

Your are the first 80 for an H2 though...and probably the only.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Does he have E-brake and ABS (GM not jeep)?
Most of dynatrack r&d designed for jeeps.
My 80 is first for GM that keeps ABS and Ebrake.

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I believe my 80 is ONLY danatrack 80 to have ABS and e-brake.

when I ordered it they gave me option keep e-brake OR ABS NOT both. I looked them in the eyes and they got back to work and made this happen. GM sensor/tone ring is completely different from Jeep. Resq1 is a jeep.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I saw his H3 today. I won't say much but after seeing and hearing the plans I can't wait to see it done!

Thanks again for the parts!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Only front. Rear is still available. 4.10s with locker. If you need 4.56s lmk. I can get some OEMs for 100 plus shipping.

Can help install the axle and regear it.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Front CI diff with locker and 4.56 gear is now components only through GM. You can still get the 4.10 assembly, but it is pricy

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
For the front Zach is the man to go to.

4 speed has rear 4.56 gears if you wanted to use Dana 60 H3s rear 10 bolt with locker. Regear it and bolt it in and your locked in the rear.

Zach

Mall Crawler
For the front Zach is the man to go to.

4 speed has rear 4.56 gears if you wanted to use Dana 60 H3s rear 10 bolt with locker. Regear it and bolt it in and your locked in the rear.

Look up a post from yours GG boy. The front assembly is no longer available. Would have to piece it together

Medic_Morgan

Only front. Rear is still available. 4.10s with locker. If you need 4.56s lmk. I can get some OEMs for 100 plus shipping.

Yeah I want that rear if it's still avail but I'm a Base model so I'll need the 4.56 gears. Can I still use that locker if we switch to 4.56? Since you're offering to help bolt it up would you be willing to help me SOA before we bolt it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Yeah I want that rear if it's still avail but I'm a Base model so I'll need the 4.56 gears. Can I still use that locker if we switch to 4.56? Since you're offering to help bolt it up would you be willing to help me SOA before we bolt it up?

Base model, lux, or adventure doesnt matter. It only does with transfer case gearing. The 4.56 gear ratio is in axle. All Inline 5 H3s have 4.56 gears stock, all H3s with V8s have 4.10 gears stock.

He has an alpha and you have an I5 so he has 4.10s and you have 4.56s. If you install his rear axle without regearing it to 4.56 you will destroy your axles and t case. So if you get his rear axle you need to regear it to 4.56 to match the front axle. I thought about buying the rear axle and setting up the 4.56s on my own time and find a non rear locked so cal H3 guy to help out but I didnt clear out my trunk and getting an axle on the roof rack is no fun without 3 people. Been there done that!

SOA I can help but it would have to be over summer. I will be limited with time, still trying to finish up school and working 25-30 hours a week leaves me with little free time. Over summer I can do it for sure.

Bring your rig down to Santa Clarita, I am 3 miles away from magic mountain. SOA is probably 2-3 days. If you bring your family Magic Mtn and the waterpark could kill some time or come solo and help.

Spring over without a rancho kit up front will give you a big rake.

Medic_Morgan

Base model, lux, or adventure doesnt matter. It only does with transfer case gearing. The 4.56 gear ratio is in axle. All Inline 5 H3s have 4.56 gears stock, all H3s with V8s have 4.10 gears stock.

He has an alpha and you have an I5 so he has 4.10s and you have 4.56s. If you install his rear axle without regearing it to 4.56 you will destroy your axles and t case. So if you get his rear axle you need to regear it to 4.56 to match the front axle. I thought about buying the rear axle and setting up the 4.56s on my own time and find a non rear locked so cal H3 guy to help out but I didnt clear out my trunk and getting an axle on the roof rack is no fun without 3 people. Been there done that!

SOA I can help but it would have to be over summer. I will be limited with time, still trying to finish up school and working 25-30 hours a week leaves me with little free time. Over summer I can do it for sure.

Bring your rig down to Santa Clarita, I am 3 miles away from magic mountain. SOA is probably 2-3 days. If you bring your family Magic Mtn and the waterpark could kill some time or come solo and help.

Spring over without a rancho kit up front will give you a big rake.

Yeah I know that base has the 4.56 ratio that's why I'd need to regear the rear. I just didn't know if I could easily swap in 4.56 and keep the locker from the 4.10. As for the timing I'm in no hurry. I am slowly accumulating parts over time to contribute to the building of the 3. I just fig'd he's got a good price on the complete axle and thought I could slowly build over time. As for the SOA and helping you I'd be down to come help but I'm in San Diego so I'd have to make a weekend out of it so I can help you with it. Still waiting on a good price for a 4:1 tcase since I just have the 2.whatever:1 in the base and I'll have to snag the next CI front Diff. If I remember correctly Bebe had the SOA on stock Tbar crank for awhile and didn't mine the rake to much. I thought w/ the SOA done during the Swap it might kick me into gear to but the front Rancho components from Tim so I avoid the saggy springs. If need be I have a set of OEM leaf packs I just go that have 17k to my 50k. Just spitballing ideas but I would def be down to help and pay for your expertise.

amrg

Where can u get them? Im looking for R&P to upgrade from 4.10s both front and back and all I got across was yukongears on ebay.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Yeah I know that base has the 4.56 ratio that's why I'd need to regear the rear. I just didn't know if I could easily swap in 4.56 and keep the locker from the 4.10. As for the timing I'm in no hurry. I am slowly accumulating parts over time to contribute to the building of the 3. I just fig'd he's got a good price on the complete axle and thought I could slowly build over time. As for the SOA and helping you I'd be down to come help but I'm in San Diego so I'd have to make a weekend out of it so I can help you with it. Still waiting on a good price for a 4:1 tcase since I just have the 2.whatever:1 in the base and I'll have to snag the next CI front Diff. If I remember correctly Bebe had the SOA on stock Tbar crank for awhile and didn't mine the rake to much. I thought w/ the SOA done during the Swap it might kick me into gear to but the front Rancho components from Tim so I avoid the saggy springs. If need be I have a set of OEM leaf packs I just go that have 17k to my 50k. Just spitballing ideas but I would def be down to help and pay for your expertise.

Ok sweet. Lmk ill be here!

Yea 4.10 to 4.56 is a direct swap you can keep the locker he has.

It's the lower numerical gears when you have to start making adjustments when going to higher numerical gears is when carrier breaks and stuff get involved and you have to change stuff but 4.10-4.56 is easy which is good.

Ill keep an eye on t cases. Zach may be your best bet, he has good prices and a warranty so your not screwed if you break it out wheeling.