• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Coffee

deserth3

So what are you doing for long term coffee storage. When the zombies come I still want my coffee!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I found that feeding my coffee beans to my monkeys and having them passed through their digestive systems is the way to go for several reasons - the zombies won't know what to do with the monkeys and the rejuvenated coffee beans are then worth $600/lb. or $50/cup.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint now Free

DJinCO

There are sites on the internet that sells green beans. If you want smaller amounts, find a roaster in your area and purchase the beans from the roaster. Unfortunately, Whole Foods sells the beans in green form, but they are the same price as roasted. Bad because the green beans weigh more than the roasted beans.

deserth3

Thanks. It did suprise me that roasted coffee is only good for about a year. And about the only one I can think of that's packed in cans anymore is Tim Hortons out of Canada.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Two useful tools that can help with coffee in a grid-down situation are a manual popcorn popper (pot) that will continually stir the coffee beans while you roast them, I'd recommend stainless steel with a crank handle for this, and don't forget to get a manual grinder to grind the beans down.

SuperBuickGuy

I found that feeding my coffee beans to my monkeys and having them passed through their digestive systems is the way to go for several reasons - the zombies won't know what to do with the monkeys and the rejuvenated coffee beans are then worth $600/lb. or $50/cup.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint now Free

I'm confused..... how do you enforce contracts of sale with zombies (a contract is formed by an agreement, which requires knowledge of intent by the parties...)

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I have no intention of trying to sell and collect money from zombies for a cup of coffee. I'll be trading my monkey rejuvenated coffee beans to those who just have to have such a delicacy and are among the living for some gas, ammo, guns or whatever else they might have that I may happen to want or need. As someone once said, "There's a sucker born every minute". If there are any of those suckers still around then who are paying that kind of money today for a cup of monkey **** cup of Joe, imagine what they'd be willing to trade for!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint

DaveK

The attached article suggests you can keep green beans, in sealed mylar bags (with oxygen absorbers), for 2-5 years. It also has some tips for roasting. Cheers!

skeptic

I have completely switched from grinding my own beans for my coffee to using a Keurig w/vue cups. Yes, I know I can use fresh ground coffee with a Keurig using a basket thingy, but I drink one cup of coffee a day plus the occasional tea or hot chocolate/hot caramel. When the zombies come, I will learn to do without coffee.