• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Black 2010 H3T Alpha Offroad Build in Washington State

amrg

Been a while since my last update here but I finally flashed my PCM with the PCM of NC tune and the throttle response/acceleration especially from low speeds is well worth it. Drives very smooth and has an extra kick in the top end. The Flashpaq ended up not being compatible with my 2010 flexfuel motor.

New GM Performance exhaust arrives on Thursday, I'll post pics/video of how it sounds. Looking forward to it, I think Hummer should have made the exhaust tone more like the Escalade than how muffled it is stock.

I didn't like the Dynaudio mids I installed so new mids are on the way, Audible Physics Arian 6.5's. Not looking forward to performing any of this install work with how cold it has been but oh well, it is a labor of love.

The gm performance exhaust makes the truck sound more like a v8. But personally its not loud enuf. Ive seen borlas installed on gmc sierras and they sound way louder than the h3s (gm performance is made by borla). For cruising, its perfect with/out any drone, and the ride remains quiet on the inside.

2010H3TAlpha

I'm going to have to a family picture if the snow actually comes on Thursday (like they claim).

and you did drop off the map - figured you were out having too much fun to remember us

Yeah it has been a busy fall. I've been lurking but also traveling for work a lot. Nice to be home for the holidays. :) Can't wait to see pics! I was hoping to get some pictures in the snow in Leavenworth over the weekend but they don't have much up there either.

The gm performance exhaust makes the truck sound more like a v8. But personally its not loud enuf. Ive seen borlas installed on gmc sierras and they sound way louder than the h3s (gm performance is made by borla). For cruising, its perfect with/out any drone, and the ride remains quiet on the inside.

This is actually exactly what I am looking for. I like the rumble of the factory Escalades but I don't want something that enters the cab especially for highway trips. I've had my fair share of open exhaust muscle cars and though I plan to have a muscle car again at some point, this truck will stay fairly mild mannered as my daily driver.

silvrzuki77

I just installed my borla exhaust on my T. Sounds good if your standing behind it. Can barely here it in the cab, which is a little disapointing but probally good in the long run.

2010H3TAlpha

I was able to install the exhaust on 12/24 (55 and sunny in Seattle that day, amazing for December). Then drove 3 hours to family Xmas the next day and it was nice and quiet on the highway but gives you a little growl under load. Sounds great at idle too, you can hear it from the cab but not so much that it is a nuisance. Really growls at WOT and sounds great all the way to redline. Overall I am pretty happy. I just have a crappy cell phone pic but I'll upload a higher quality version of the exhaust once I get under the truck this weekend.

Truck is in the shop today getting the ScorpWorks steering rack bracket installed and one last look over before the bumper to bumper warranty expires on Sunday. Only 22k miles right now, crazy!

Last edited:

2010H3TAlpha

Scorpworks rack brackets are in and it drives NICE. No wobble, no drift on the highway, steering is tight and easy now. Amazing mod and worth the investment for such an important part of the truck.

2010H3TAlpha

Out wheeling Epp's Pass near Salmon La Sac last fall. Took a quick break to shoot some AR15's.

x2mOMoH.jpg

2010H3TAlpha

Finally moved my tweeters to surface mounts on the A-pillars instead of the crappy factory locations and wow what an improvement it made. I highly recommend it, the stock aiming sounds terrible because of reflections off of the windshield:

QIX70f7.jpg

pQiVP6e.jpg

Last edited:

2010H3TAlpha

Installed an Air Doc intake today and my butt dyno feels like it definitely improved overall power. Nice sound under acceleration too. Excuse the dirty engine bay, my truck is in winter mode :)

U5LCfQG.jpg

Last edited:

amrg

Do you get any vibrations? I have the air doc installed on my I5 and it causes the airbox to vibrate quite violently, I can feel it inside the cabin and hear it loudly outside (this is mostly the reason I held back on getting it for the Alpha)

4speedfunk

That vibe is probably due to a vacuum leak. If you're sucking air somewhere the motor will go epileptic tryin to correct the lean condition. Small leaks may not be enough to set a code...but still enough to cause a rough idle.

I have accidentally pulled my Airdoc tube off before. This happens when you rev the motor in reverse (stuck in mud). The engine will torque to the opposite side and there is enough slop in the motor mounts to pull the tube off. A quick adjustment to the clamps cured the problem.

2010H3TAlpha

Oh wow, was that October 21st? I think that's the only time I would have been up that way though I don't remember being on Avondale, I haven't driven that road in years...maybe there is another black H3T running around this area?

2010H3TAlpha

If it was me, I was driving my biggest client to Redmond PD because someone had stolen his wallet while he was here visiting from the Bay Area. So I would have been a little distracted lol.

SuperBuickGuy

Unless it was to complain about a school zone speed trap, or perhaps to ask why the one, last road into Redmond isn't torn up with construction, why would you ever talk to Redmond PD?

2010H3TAlpha

XiIo1ee.jpg

Found an awesome trail on Sunday off of NF-9020/exit 38 below Snoqualmie Pass. Hoping to get back there again this weekend and hike the ridge, the views were amazing and only saw one other truck that day.