• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Snorkel for H2

MessiaH2

So my truck is more of an adventure look and I like the looks of a snorkel but can not find one.

Can anyone fill me in with the availability of a H2 Snorkel or lack there of?

If they are available, are they even functional? Larry

LoJac963

There isn't one. I thought about buying a kit for a jeep and seeing if I could make it work. Maybe fiberglass a solid cover over the air intake at the fender/hood then have that come up towards the windshield? Problem is there just isn't enough room. Then you also run into the issue of blocking the roof marker light, cowel light (I plan on buying), etc. So then I though one could run it through the engine compartment and that would be cake-that is another option if you're serious.

MessiaH2

I was IN DEEP one time trying to recover my Son's F350 Diesel on 40's and when i was backing through about 4' of water i heard it TAKE in Water which cost me an expensive tune up to say the least. I typically do not WHEEL my truck to this extent but i was his only option. I just don't want that to happen again and think a snorkel on my truck would be bad ass.

I might consider building something and will keep you posted. i have read a hundred threads from all over and we all have the same issue. Only hear about custom but no one post build pics :huh: Thanks dude, I appreciate the input

LoJac963

Not a problem. ^that is similar to the one I was looking at on ebay. There are tons of kits on ebay for various vehicles. Trick is finding the one that will fit an H2 as close as can be. It would most definitely be awesome that's for sure. Maybe one of us or all together can make something work!

MessiaH2

I followed a little further on your idea MessiaH2, I picked up the Rugged Ridge Snorkel unit, and paned out the future install of the internal connecting unit. It will required a relocation, maybe even a different windshield washer fluid container to be installed somewhere else, but it sure seems worth it!!! I already began with the install of the Snorkel outer unit first. Being that it's my first time here, I hope I don't have trouble loading pics of how fabulous it looks on the Hummer H2. A little detail on the Snorkel itself, I installed it on the top by the left side of the windshield, on the hood air vent, which is right above the windshield washer container. I drilled 4 holes to be able to install nut inserts ( nut inserts are pretreated cylinders, that when installed will allow you to just thread screws into them) I used nut inserts that match the width of the screws that came with the snorkel, so I wouldn't have to change the diameter of the hole on the snorkel screw install area. I also did this for another reason, nut inserts look very neat, so if it didn't work out or if I ever wanted to remove the snorkel from the truck, it would look clean, and could just be capped off. Of course you could just by a replacement vent cap and it would look like you never did anything to the truck, bringing it to stock look. Also the bracket that installs on the top of the snorkel by the window frame, will just have to be bent slightly to fit against the truck, mark the mounting holes, drill, and install using the screws that came with the snorkel. I went a step further and added blue lock tight on the screws before installing them, and then coated the exterior of the screw heads with clear silicone ( clear silicone not only keeps the head from rusting, it keeps the screw from vibrating off, and also allows you to add black plastic caps on the screw heads for a more finished look!

Last edited:
I posted some of the pics on my profile album, as for some reason I wasn't able to post them directly into this thread. (it might be because I'm doing it all from my IPad)

LoJac963

I just checked your profile and didn't see any pics. You'd have to upload the pics to Photobucket.com for example then use the

BW_Hummer H3

I have a few pictures saved of various snorkel designs on the H2. Not sure if any of these work, but still it is a good chance to see different ones.

RamRod

If you were to route the intact to that cowl then use the JK snorkel noted earlier I think you'd have a clean good looking install!!

I'm trying to keep a list of what I have added and will add, but so much is happening at once in my life, I apologize for the lack of it being organized.
-Had interior leather seating all redone from the cream color to black leather, all pleated like the original seats, including heated seats reconnected.
-HIDs installed on headlights.
-installed super bright lights (will check the name) on the bumper spot lights that are also ballast driven, to make them brighter.
-replaced all exterior bulbs to LEDs, including turn signals, that switch from white to Amber as they flash, so they can be legal for use.
-replaced all interior lights to LEDs as well, there were over 18 LED bulbs to change.
-changed all exterior lights to smoked lens, including 3rd brake light at top in the back.
-installed rear black tail light guards
-installed smoked window visors
-installed sunroof visor
-installed a Havis laptop swivel mount
-installed front 2" tow hitch adapter to allow a regular tow hitch connection to attach (for some reason the factory one is mounted Verticle so a regular tow will install in the wrong direction. I temporarily installed a mini vault with combination (cool to store extra key, cash, or credit cards)
-I currently have a 12,500 lb winch (Tuff Stuff with wired and wireless remote) that is detachable on my Chevy Suburban, that is mounted on a plate with a 2" tow hitch sleeve, that I want to use on my Hummer if need be. I already ordered the quick connect plugs, which I will run the connectors to the front and back (I ordered quick connect 16 foot jumper cables as well) that way I can connect the winch in the front or back, same goes for jumper cables, in case I have to help someone.
-installed Fabtech wide body fender flares (made a huge difference, made the wider wheels not stick out as much)
-installed Boria Titanium headers
-installed a Gibson dual cat-back y split exhaust and muffler with stainless chrome tips (gave the truck a wonderful sound)
-had top of front windshield tinted
-had bumper spot lights and bottom fog lights tinted
-installed outer Snorkel unit. Custom installed inserts to make it removal
***will be installing soon***
-Fabtech dual steering stabilizer
-upgrading alternator to a 300 amp alternator
-Upgrading to Brembo drilled disc rotors
-upgrading to Brembo brake pads
-installing LEDs on my dashboard lights (the halogen bulbs will have to be cut out and the new white LEDs have to be soldier back in)
-installing the Air Doc performance intake with my already installed K&N filter
-installing an IPad mini dash mounting plate
-installing a iPhone cell phone mount on dash
*** hopefully in the near future I want to get the Evolution CTS unit to control power, torque, and gas savings during different situations.
-if anyone has any questions on any of add on, please ask away! What I can't answer, I probably can get my mechanic buddy to help me answer, as he is the one that has done the work with me, but is also a professional mechanic.

LoJac963

That's a great list Renagade but maybe you should start a build thread, this thread is talking about snorkels......

Also the fender flares are E&G Offroad flares not Fabtech

I'm curious as to what bumper spot lights are?

BlueSteeleHorse07

I'm trying to keep a list of what I have added and will add, but so much is happening at once in my life, I apologize for the lack of it being organized.
-Had interior leather seating all redone from the cream color to black leather, all pleated like the original seats, including heated seats reconnected.
-HIDs installed on headlights.
-installed super bright lights (will check the name) on the bumper spot lights that are also ballast driven, to make them brighter.
-replaced all exterior bulbs to LEDs, including turn signals, that switch from white to Amber as they flash, so they can be legal for use.
-replaced all interior lights to LEDs as well, there were over 18 LED bulbs to change.
-changed all exterior lights to smoked lens, including 3rd brake light at top in the back.
-installed rear black tail light guards
-installed smoked window visors
-installed sunroof visor
-installed a Havis laptop swivel mount
-installed front 2" tow hitch adapter to allow a regular tow hitch connection to attach (for some reason the factory one is mounted Verticle so a regular tow will install in the wrong direction. I temporarily installed a mini vault with combination (cool to store extra key, cash, or credit cards)
-I currently have a 12,500 lb winch (Tuff Stuff with wired and wireless remote) that is detachable on my Chevy Suburban, that is mounted on a plate with a 2" tow hitch sleeve, that I want to use on my Hummer if need be. I already ordered the quick connect plugs, which I will run the connectors to the front and back (I ordered quick connect 16 foot jumper cables as well) that way I can connect the winch in the front or back, same goes for jumper cables, in case I have to help someone.
-installed Fabtech wide body fender flares (made a huge difference, made the wider wheels not stick out as much)
-installed Boria Titanium headers
-installed a Gibson dual cat-back y split exhaust and muffler with stainless chrome tips (gave the truck a wonderful sound)
-had top of front windshield tinted
-had bumper spot lights and bottom fog lights tinted
-installed outer Snorkel unit. Custom installed inserts to make it removal
***will be installing soon***
-Fabtech dual steering stabilizer
-upgrading alternator to a 300 amp alternator
-Upgrading to Brembo drilled disc rotors
-upgrading to Brembo brake pads
-installing LEDs on my dashboard lights (the halogen bulbs will have to be cut out and the new white LEDs have to be soldier back in)
-installing the Air Doc performance intake with my already installed K&N filter
-installing an IPad mini dash mounting plate
-installing a iPhone cell phone mount on dash
*** hopefully in the near future I want to get the Evolution CTS unit to control power, torque, and gas savings during different situations.
-if anyone has any questions on any of add on, please ask away! What I can't answer, I probably can get my mechanic buddy to help me answer, as he is the one that has done the work with me, but is also a professional mechanic.

Renegade132, out of curisousity, did you powder coated (black) your nerf bars and brush guards? By the way, awesome looking vehicle!

Dan

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Is that snorkel big enough for 6.0 air demand ?

"neck" doesn't seem to be big enough, it's seems smaller that my H3 set up or it's truck make it look smaller?

Last edited:
I stand corrected, E&g fender flares, and sorry, is there already a build thread I should add this too? I will find out on the lights, the bottom bumper ones are LED bulbs (they were daytime running lights, but I wanted them to run at the same time as all my lights, so I retired them to turn on with my regular lights) I will get you a brand name if you need it. (I also had the outer lens tinted on them)

Thank you Bluesteelhorse(Dan) on the brush guards, I used the flat black plastic dip coating, not only because it looks good, but it protects the vehicle, and also gives it a much darker look. Thanks again.