• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Show your guns

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
So Reloader (against my will) took me to a gun show in Wickenburg, AZ. Naturally, I had to figure out something I might wanna purchase there. I ended up looking for shotguns and HK 9mm. Didn't find either, so I was forced to look locally. Good shop near my house http://beararmsaz.com/ that carries a good selection of HK firearms. My HK .40 is by far my favorite item to take out to the range. Doing my due diligence, I found that HK came out with a more reasonably priced 9mm called the VP9 and had a subcompact called the VP9SK. Their subcompact doesn't quite make compact dimensions, but it's still a nice piece.

Took it out to the range last weekend and it's a fun one to shoot. Great trigger action.

i-htzR7bn-L.jpg

Last edited:

svxr8dr

Here is my old Gen1 Kel-Tec KSg 12ga
KSG.JPG
As well as my Gen1 S&W M&P Shield in .40 short and weak
2017-02-13 18.21.18-1.jpg

Last edited:

LagunaH1

Since it's been more than a year since the lat post here, let me be the one to break the silence. With my new-found passion for overlanding in remote places, I felt like I needed to be able to protect myself. I was able to find (and it wasn't easy!) a Rock Island Armory 1911A1. I'm thinking of it as a beginner's pistol, because that's what I am. A beginner. It's a new hobby and universe of knowledge to start absorbing but I'm having fun so far.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 1911 has been my favorite pistol for years. I have 3 Colt Gold Cup 70 Series National Match 1911s. One is from the Colt custom shop in a nickel finish. One is NIB. I also like the Sig P220. Most of my pistols are 9MM, they are cheaper to shoot and reload for. Glad you moved into the firearms arena. 45ACP is a great choice. JJ normally carries a 380 but she is deadly accurate with my 45s.

MilamJR

Since it's been more than a year since the lat post here, let me be the one to break the silence. With my new-found passion for overlanding in remote places, I felt like I needed to be able to protect myself. I was able to find (and it wasn't easy!) a Rock Island Armory 1911A1. I'm thinking of it as a beginner's pistol, because that's what I am. A beginner. It's a new hobby and universe of knowledge to start absorbing but I'm having fun so far.

Great choice especially where you live and the limited choices you have. These have the best triggers.

Shooting a single stack 1911 match on Saturday. Go start shooting some matches it will accelerate your learning curve and teach you to shoot under stress. You have to get to the point where disengaging the external safety is muscle memory and second nature.

LagunaH1

Yeah no kidding on the limited choice. I did not know how CRAZY regulated all things firearms are here in California.

I like the 1911 for the way it looks, and for its heritage. This could become an expensive hobby.... "I want a nicer one" very quickly becomes synonymous with "bye bye bank account" LOL!!!

Also, given the general market situation for firearms, this .45 1911 was just about the only thin I could get at all. So, I thought that *A* pistol is much, much, much better than no pistol.

Now to find some ammo......

MilamJR

Yeah no kidding on the limited choice. I did not know how CRAZY regulated all things firearms are here in California.

I like the 1911 for the way it looks, and for its heritage. This could become an expensive hobby.... "I want a nicer one" very quickly becomes synonymous with "bye bye bank account" LOL!!!

Also, given the general market situation for firearms, this .45 1911 was just about the only thin I could get at all. So, I thought that *A* pistol is much, much, much better than no pistol.

Now to find some ammo......

No doubt about being another expensive hobby. If you decide to upgrade check out Wilson Combat they make first class 1911’s.

My suggestions to a new shooter would be. Find a range that host competitions and get involved. There will be some very experienced shooters there that will be glad to help you. Spend money on training not the latest and greatest gear. Training is more important in a gunfight than gear as long as your gear is reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used to shoot at the indoor range in Huntington Beach with Mike Sabaresse a good bit. Beer and a burger usually followed.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
With our new President elect anything dealing with guns is about to get more difficult. I am sure that the attitude of the feds and Cali are going to get more hostile to firearms, ammunition and gun rights in general. Contribute to the Senate run-off races in Georgia ( Perdue and Loeffler ) if you value your gun rights.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have plenty and loading supplies for much more. I have been on many of the ammo websites and usually the main calibers people are looking for are sold out. Around here 9mm, 45, 223/556 are going for 60 cents a round if you can find it.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not as sexy as Al's guns but I just picked up a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmoor. Putting a Pulsar Thermion XP50 on it to help solve the local pig and coyote issue.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picked up a 28 gauge O/U. Always wanted one. Got a couple of more suppressors after about a 6 month wait. Not a lot of selection the last few months but it seems like things are starting to open up a little bit.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picked up an FN PS90. Quirky little carbine that shoots the 5.7x28. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but love my 5.7 pistol. Also like the higher capacity of the mags.

MilamJR

Picked up an FN PS90. Quirky little carbine that shoots the 5.7x28. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but love my 5.7 pistol. Also like the higher capacity of the mags.
Interesting little bull pup. Want to hear what you think after you get to run it.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk