• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Paintball

SolidusJ

So almost 10 years ago I was a wood balls freak with a Tippmann A5 with a few mods to make me better then the next guy over. I was 16 when I started playing in PA and have been to Tippmann castle a few times, paint wasn't cheap and I was looking at $120 for a case of paint so I worked hard for my gas money and play money. Well I had a solid 3 years of hitting all types of fields in PA and NYC and I'm not a fan of speed ball at all but I do respect those guys and there crazy space guns. Then I pretty much join the Army and just lost touch with it.

Well the game is calling me back and I'm jumping in knees deep with an Tippmann X7 and about to start buying my gear again. I'll be running around in ACU pants, a sand t-shirt, my V-force mask and tank on my back just like the good ol days. I have a few paintball scars and I know I'll have a few new ones when I get back home. One reason I stop playing was because PLAYING soldier for 3 years and the really doing it, it just wasn't the same for me anymore. I'm butting that all aside and when I hit the field, I'll just be an other guy out the having fun.

I have two all time moments, my first being I was in a bunker and keeping a guy pinned down when he was laying down behind some cover. I couldn't get a shot on him and he couldn't sneak a shot at me even if he wanted. So the best way I saws to end this was to lay down fire on him and run about 30 meters to him and come around behind him and yell on the top of my lungs "SURRENDER OR DIE". Man it was great when he just filched and put down his weapon he didn't even know what hit him, then I just ran off to my next target.

Second would be a match that was in a good size building, me and this enemy was doing a cat and mouse walking around a doorway but each time we passed it we didn't see each other. We knew one another was just right there but didn't know the best way to end it. After a few times of this I stop walking around a found a nice spot to hide and when he came around he saw me popping out, we was like 4 feet from each other and I knew he was going to lay into me so I just one round and it got him right on the left butt cheek. Man did he jump but that was the end of it.

I really miss those times and hoping to get some of my buddys out here on my tour and show them just how much I like them with my X7.

Last edited:

ArtHummer

Oh, I used to play allot before. Had a slightly modified Tippmann 98 custom. had response double trigger, low pressure, 250 electronic hopper and I was the first one the local field with a new flatline barrel... Damn it was a good times... Thar remind me, I need to get a new gun for me and my kid to go play some time...

Not a fan of the speedball at all and mostly plaid in the woods. I've been in a few scenario games, larges one was about 600 people, 300vs300. That was a blast. All day of non stop shooting. I think that day I went true about 5000 balls and didn't even finished the day. Got sick from exhaustion and dehydration.

My best all time moments...
We plaid on the field that was on the hill. Opposite team was on top and there was 2 way to get up. One was a wide pass in the woods with allot of open area and a very narrow trail with a good cover on top of the hill with some heavy bushes in the middle. 2 of their best players (with fully auto) where covering the trail and 18 where covering the woods. We had 10 in the woods and 10 on the trail. We where getting destroyed. 2 guns on fully out where dropping a rain if paint on us, there was no way to even pick out... I decided to go around them threw the middle in the bushes, it was freaking tight, a cat would've had problem to crawl in there. Took me about 10 minutes of crawling on my stomach in the mud but I was able to get around unnoticed and when I got out and start running toward this guys they thought I was on their side. I got right next to them and told them to surrender. After that we stormed the top of the hill and pinned everyone from behind. It was over in 2 minutes.

The second one. I was playing in the group with allot of kids. That was sooooo boring. In one of the games something happened to my gun and it started to leak. I was covering behind a tree against 4 kids hiding in the trench about 20 yards away. When i try to shoot them, my bullets where not even reaching them, I was alomst out of gas. I started to shoot up to give a trajectory for ball to reach them and started to run toward them. The got afraid and hid in the trench. When I got on top of them I told them to surrender. They did... and right after that I turned to reff and sad "I'm out... OUT OF GAS..." He was holding on the the tree and was laughing his ass of. Kids stopped and asked me how is that I'm out??? I didn't say anything... I turned toward them shoot in to the kid who was closer to me... The gun made a "bang" and the paint ball few out of my barrel and felt 2 feet away from me.... You could hear more laughs then shots... LOL

SkinGripz

Never played paintball. When I was a kid (pre paintball) we just put on our motorcycle helmets and football pads and shot at eachother with our fathers 22's.

Got a nice in/out scar on my left ass cheek if anyone wants to see it...

Scarsman

Sponsor
Never played paintball. When I was a kid (pre paintball) we just put on our motorcycle helmets and football pads and shot at eachother with our fathers 22's.

Got a nice in/out scar on my left ass cheek if anyone wants to see it...

Uh, you're kidding, right?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

TAPDH3T

Man I love some woodsball... Spider E99 and BT4 Swat 20" barrel bubba
duveqyja.jpg
uhybuna8.jpg

Last edited:

ArtHummer

Here is a good view of a scenario games...

At first look it looks like a mess so here how it works. Each team got a base on opposite side of the map. When you get shot, you have to leave the game and go back to the base. In the base you can get rest, get more paint or get in to the next squad. New squads form from people that where shot and returned to the base. Each squad should have a Squad Commander that reports to the Captains and General. Captains and General do not run around. They give orders and missions to Squad Commanders based on the Intel collected by them. The Squad Commander collects new squad and tell them what is the next mission. Both team release new squads at the same time, usually 1 or 2 squads every 10 minutes(the time can be changed and arranged by the Generals).... So, if you just a soldier, you get in to the squad, get shot, come back to the base, get more paint, get in to the next squad and in 10 minutes you are back in the game... And that goes non stop all day...
During the game there are several objectives. The team that wines more objectives is the winner in the end of the day. The objective could be: Hold particular territory - team gets a point for each 30 minutes of consecutive hold of the spot. Collect a package that is usually dropped in an open area in the middle of the field - team get a point for each retrieved package. Destroy enemy tank - team get's a point for each tank destroyed.

Here is the 'D-Day' (America(A) vs Germany(G) ).... G got best position and good cover but far away from the base. A got very little cover but right next to the base, so everyone who gets shot out almost instantly gets back in to the game.
[video=youtube_share;qHyjADRSRyU]http://youtu.be/qHyjADRSRyU[/video]

Here is another one... On 7:30 is a good example of capture the package(in this case ammo crate)
[video=youtube_share;UBf0JmXTsxg]http://youtu.be/UBf0JmXTsxg[/video]

SolidusJ

I'm on ebay and found the BT TM 7 and that thing is like nothing I have ever seen. Been doing a lot of research on it and on 50/50 on getting it.

ArtHummer

I'm on ebay and found the BT TM 7 and that thing is like nothing I have ever seen. Been doing a lot of research on it and on 50/50 on getting it.

Yea... Lost of interesting staff came out since last time I looked at it... Have you seen a new pain balls - first strike? It says that you can hit target 2 times further then regular paintballs, past 350 feet

images

Some very interesting guns that use it as well.

[video=youtube_share;S8AxQ_TVsRY]http://youtu.be/S8AxQ_TVsRY[/video]

Expendable

too bad that go kart thing looks like one of those you can buy at pep boys. now imagine putting that in a real side by side with some actual suspension travel.

SolidusJ

Yea... Lost of interesting staff came out since last time I looked at it... Have you seen a new pain balls - first strike? It says that you can hit target 2 times further then regular paintballs, past 350 feet

images

Some very interesting guns that use it as well.

[video=youtube_share;S8AxQ_TVsRY]http://youtu.be/S8AxQ_TVsRY[/video]

WOW thing have come a long way man!!!! I pull the trigger and got a TM7, never owned a space gun but it base off and H&K MP7 and set up more as a milsim. I like how small and tight the whole body and set up is and I've never been able to fire 20 balls a second.

SkinGripz

Wont do a bit of good if I cant see past 150 feet....

"If at first you dont succeed, come back with a big damn stick". -My Dad
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

QC_Hummer

Here is a good view of a scenario games...

At first look it looks like a mess so here how it works. Each team got a base on opposite side of the map. When you get shot, you have to leave the game and go back to the base. In the base you can get rest, get more paint or get in to the next squad. New squads form from people that where shot and returned to the base. Each squad should have a Squad Commander that reports to the Captains and General. Captains and General do not run around. They give orders and missions to Squad Commanders based on the Intel collected by them. The Squad Commander collects new squad and tell them what is the next mission. Both team release new squads at the same time, usually 1 or 2 squads every 10 minutes(the time can be changed and arranged by the Generals).... So, if you just a soldier, you get in to the squad, get shot, come back to the base, get more paint, get in to the next squad and in 10 minutes you are back in the game... And that goes non stop all day...
During the game there are several objectives. The team that wines more objectives is the winner in the end of the day. The objective could be: Hold particular territory - team gets a point for each 30 minutes of consecutive hold of the spot. Collect a package that is usually dropped in an open area in the middle of the field - team get a point for each retrieved package. Destroy enemy tank - team get's a point for each tank destroyed.

Here is the 'D-Day' (America(A) vs Germany(G) ).... G got best position and good cover but far away from the base. A got very little cover but right next to the base, so everyone who gets shot out almost instantly gets back in to the game.
[video=youtube_share;qHyjADRSRyU]http://youtu.be/qHyjADRSRyU[/video]

Here is another one... On 7:30 is a good example of capture the package(in this case ammo crate)
[video=youtube_share;UBf0JmXTsxg]http://youtu.be/UBf0JmXTsxg[/video]

I have been to D-Day 3 years now and plan on going this year. What a rush it is to run out of the "landing craft" and attack the Atlantic Wall. Has anyone else been here? I will be there this year with my team. Hopefully I will be able to hit some trails on Friday on the H3 and scout the place out.

I have a Tipmann that I moded to work as a sniper rifle as well, but it hard to make a paintball weapon look as real as a Softball weapon.