• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 H2 Cross bars on an H3?

07Custom

What's up everyone?

I just ran across this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Humm...rs_Trucks&hash=item19d89143a6#ht_39616wt_1281

and was wondering how they did it? It looks like a clean job if it did include some hacking and chopping, but I think it makes the truck look beefier. I searched the forum but nothing popped up so I'd be interested to see if this is a simple bolt on project (even though that wouldn't make sense!).

I know the H2 is approximately 6" wider than our trucks, but this looks like something I'd like on my truck .

Thanks guys!

spillKill

well idk about the cross bars but the 5speed and dvd package is a nice little find, thats what i got but white and yeah those bars do look beefer if anyone has any more details on that would like to hear it!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well, that guy made them work so apparently they must fit into the roof rail channel. I see the cross bars on Craigslist from time to time.

SickStringC

Mine came with no rack so I went with a Yakima system - it doesn't look quite as beefy, but it's strong (very) and it came out much less than $600 (almost 1/2 that). I also got the lock cores which ensure they stay on my truck since it's a fairly universal system for not just the H3. I'm not saying I don't like the H2 bars on the H3, but the Yakima is a sturdy option that still looks good in my opinion. I use mine for kayak transport - aside from a Yakima, a full roof rack is my only other consideration.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I have seen it done a couple of times. From the looks of things, they will have to be taken apart, shortened, coupe of new holes drilled, and reassembled. Shouldn't be to hard at all. If you look around you can find a pair on Craigslist for $100-150.