• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Land Ops Search & Rescue Op

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a lot from the Land Ops/Meet Up people. Sounds like it was a really good event and everyone had fun/learned a lot.

Land Ops

Kurt,

Some of the members including myself are ARES. Net control was run by a very experienced DEM at ARES.
We're also going to the Baker to Vegas race for radio support in April this year.

Join us at our meetup site

Sircode13

It may be better to be run by ARE's then the government CERT program, but will the certification get you though the check points set up by the government after a disaster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DJinCO

So that is what they told you?

And you actually fell for it?

These are the same folks that brought you the bailout of Wall Street, the auto industry and $4 gasoline.

OK. But for me, I'll take my chances on my own. Yes, I have all of the CERT certs.

Ever hear of NORTHCOM?

Sircode13

I was in agreement with you about having the government involved would not be a help for anything. However I know that the group Oathkeeper's are recommending the CERT to be able to make it through any check points. A lot of the members, being in Fire and Law Enforcement are recommending the CERT for the reason I stated prior. Is the group you mentioned the one who were involved in the Land Ops Search & Rescue. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DJinCO

I don't argue with what you have been told; I just don't really understand how by having CERT it will get you through checkpoints any faster than a drivers license. The local police or sheriff might let you pass just because you are in an H1. I doubt the National Guard would buy the CERT as the reason to get into a restricted area. Passing through a checkpoint isn't generally a big issue. Have fun with the group, it's great to be involved with folks who are coming together to help people.

NORTHCOM is United States Northern Command. The DoD combatant command that is responsible for coordination with the lead federal agency (FEMA, DHS etc...). www.northcom.mil and then look at the "about NORTHCOM" tab on the left side of the page.

I am not trying to discourage, only to let you understand that sometimes the folks on the "other side" of the checkpoints might have a different mission from the Land Ops folks. The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) is usually conducted to allow you to understand the hierarchy of the chain of command which can be confusing (knowing who is in charge etc...). I think the concept of the Land Ops is great to be able to get people together and look for someone lost in the desert. I guess having CERT would at least lend some "official" flavor of the organization rather than just a 4x4 club. Plus you got Surefire as a sponsor. That has to be nice for some free stuff!

Nice video, very impressive graphics.