• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

big red on the road again

skippy

what a big job. I must say it went in so much easier than it came out
finally got the engine in a with fingers crossed it started first go sound good
the only thing is the idle is a little high and the check engine light is on so need to put it on the scan gauge to find out?

oh how i missed driving it!:thumbs:

dose anyone know why the remote door lock doesn't work and the interior light won't go off?

thanks to doug (f5moab) for the diagrams

Pappibri

Glad too hear that Big Red in on the road again. Hope you figure out the little issues... Yeah, when mine is at the shop I really miss driving it. Especially when I have to drive a car instead...:no:

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
No problem; always ready to help someone from the south.

As for the doors...
Do any of the doors lock, or is it just one particular door. And, if you leave the light on, will it go off automatically in about 20 minutes?

First thing is to look at the door switches as gunner suggested. They are a known POS item that can fail.

Beachbum

Glad to see you're sweet 3 rolling again Skippy!! How have things been down you're way since the "Big Flood"? Have to go rewatch Big Red on the Offroad Show I have saved on the iPad. Been a while, forgot it was there. Getting ready to move my front air supply connect to a similar spot as your's, mine is currently below the bumper and in a bad spot for damage.

Mr_Rich

Did you replace the oxygen sensors with new ones (you should) or are you reusing the old ones? Quickest test with troubleshooting is swap the upstream with the downstream sensor and see if the trouble moves, or stays in the same spot. You could have a clogged cat depending on the actual O2 reading. With the correct program you could actually read the values on both sensors while the engine is running.

skippy

i have ordered a new one
i have done some research and the life of the o2 sensor is 100,000mile which the BIG RED has done so it is time for a new one