• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Feeler: No Drill CB Antenna Solution for H3/T Owners

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Hey there H4O members! Some of you may have noticed I have not been as busy here on the forum the past few months. After graduating this May, I spent the better part of two months looking full time for a full time job. :)
My work paid off, and I am thankful to have found a great position with a small business in my area. The gig has, however, been keeping me wicked busy (and I'm thankful to be so!) and away from my typical 10+ posts per day. While it has kept me off of the forum some, it has reaffirmed my desire to be a small business owner myself one day.

I am happy to announce that a good friend of mine, and fellow H4O member Perk, are very much considering beginning a business focused on Hummer and other 4x4 accessories.

Our first product "to market" will be building on a design that I have had on my truck for nearly two years and had held up markedly well through trail use and highway speeds alike. That item is the "No Drill CB Antenna Mount" I built for my truck. The updated design we will offer will be made out of 3/16" steel and will be plasma cut to fit the countours of your H3/T and will look like it could have come from the factory. Our initial upgraded design prototype was created today and photos will be posted soon by Perk.

This solid one-piece design is great for those who do not want to drill into their vehicle. The mount attaches behind the rear D-ring base and stretches out far enough to allow full use of your H3 rear door or H3T tailgate. CB cable can then be run along the frame underneath the vehicle and into the cab through the firewall or anywhere else you choose.

Pricing is now available:

"Raw" bare metal brackets will are priced at $60 and black powdercoated brackets will be priced at $75. Prices include shipping.

We will have 4 powdercoated brackets ready to ship by the end of the week, and we can manufacture raw brackets and have them shipped no later than 3 days after you place your order.

PM myself or Perk for payment details. Thank you!

Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Can't wait to see what you guys have come up with! :corn:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

Last edited:

Perk

Here is a pic of the proto that has been rattle canned black the final product will be powder coated. i will post more pics when the final mount gets back from being coated. As hans already mentioned I cut it out of 3/16" steel for ultimate strength and duribility, it fits both the H3 and T models, features the no drill installation that everyone loves, and can be powder coated any color. Let us know what you think.[h=3][/h]

Attachments

• h3 cb mount.jpg
    h3 cb mount.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 456

Medic_Morgan

How much and how soon? :) :) After yesterday's run and "borrowing" cbetts loaner I need a permanent set-up ASAP. Looks awesome and def make an option for "no powder" for those of us going "custom" color. Thanks!

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I like it! Hans as a minor I am getting a small business management degree before I transfer to a 4 year. I think small businesses are great and America cant have too many small businesses...

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Good idea. The cool thing is that it doesn't need to be H3T specific. Regular H3s should also be able to use it. The only down side for the regular H3s is that they would need a longer antenna to clear the roof.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I like it! Hans as a minor I am getting a small business management degree before I transfer to a 4 year. I think small businesses are great and America cant have too many small businesses...

You won't regret that degree. It's been serving me well so far! (I have a small business management & entrepreneurship degree.) It was a fun ride in school, plus it teaches a lot of real world info. ...Of course, so does the real world!!! (For much cheaper...) :wink:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
How much and how soon? :) :) After yesterday's run and "borrowing" cbetts loaner I need a permanent set-up ASAP. Looks awesome and def make an option for "no powder" for those of us going "custom" color. Thanks!

Will do. I think our powdercoat contact can do just about any color, if you were looking for something specific.

Good idea. The cool thing is that it doesn't need to be H3T specific. Regular H3s should also be able to use it. The only down side for the regular H3s is that they would need a longer antenna to clear the roof.

Exactly. It is designed to work with each. Yes, the 3 could perhaps benefit from a whip antenna, but with my cap my Firestik barely clears the roof and I have great reception for my needs. I suppose we could also make a spacer of some sort... :)

Love it! let me know when they go on sale.

Will do, thank you!

I am looking forward to the prototype coming back from the PC'er. :D

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
You can get 7' & 5' Firestiks so clearing the roof is no problem. I run a 5' on my ARB rear bumper and it clears the roof.

LagunaH1

I am happy to announce that a good friend of mine, and fellow H4O member Perk, are very much considering beginning a business focused on Hummer and other 4x4 accessories.

Definitely don't limit your potential market to just Hummers. As much as we love our trucks, we are a minority compared to the Jeep / FJ Cruiser world. I wish you the very best of luck! :D

Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
They are designed to withstand branches and boulders alike. Each mount was hand-designed and fits exactly behind your factory d-ring mounting shackle and the design follows the contours of your H3 bumper for a no-drill CB mount that is truly "Like Nothing Else".

Perk

I dropped off the first batch with the powder coater this morning they should be ready on wednesday. I saved one bare metal for morgan. Hans will be making the official announcment with pricing later today.:horns:

Last edited:

Medic_Morgan

Soooo with this mount I have some questions about antenna's. I'm looking at either the Firestik 4' or 5'. The 4' puts the tip at about 2-3" above the roofline and the 5' obviously 1' above that ;) All that being said, what's a good length? Pro's/Con's? Structural integrity at highway speeds for the 5'? Any input would really help :) thanks

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah