• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

58Bisc's 2006 H3

58Bisc

Picture time!

New Hummer H3 built July 2005:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I keep a book that has every receipt and document I've ever gotten. It also has how to's I've printed out:
ry%3D400

58Bisc

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ok, that's it for the bone stock photo's... Now the modification begins...

K&N filter:
ry%3D400

AirDoc's intake:
ry%3D400

Completed:
ry%3D400

Ported throttle body:
ry%3D400

Installed, I also did the PCM tune with shift level 3 for the trans (upper left of the picture):
ry%3D400

Coil spring deletes:
ry%3D400

Installed with the boot still off:
ry%3D400

AC Delco IRIDUM plug upgrade:
ry%3D400

315/75/16 General Graber Red letter tires:
ry%3D400

Installed, this is a four for one special picture! Tires, Tbar crank, running boards & fender flares:
ry%3D400

I don't have any pictures of just the running boards or fender flares with splash guards or the Tbar crank for that matter. I have since removed the running boards in favor of a custom set of rock sliders (built for my 1 inch body lift)

Here is one after the body lift:
ry%3D400

This is the GOBI ladder installed:
ry%3D400

2008 Championship edition stripe:
ry%3D400

Thor bumper & bull bar with a 12,500 winch:
ry%3D400

Lights for the bull bar:
ry%3D400

Parts for the dual battery set up I installed. Tmax control, dual yellow top Optmia's:
ry%3D400

Tail light gaurds:
ry%3D400

Installed tail light guards. You can see the window vent shades in this shot also:

ry%3D400

Last edited:

58Bisc

Now for the under caridge. You have seen the sliders, so I'll start with the body lift.

Here is a shot of one of the body mounts:
ry%3D400

Frame exposed after the lift:
ry%3D400

Hummer UCP:
ry%3D400

GM touring exhaust:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

GM H3 tips:
ry%3D400

Trail Duty extended bump stops and front Bilstein shocks:
ry%3D400

New rack with 16 mm tie rods waiting to be installed:
ry%3D400

Rear Bilstein shocks:
ry%3D400

Spider diff guard:
ry%3D400

I like this shot of the complete under side. Still waiting for Hunner to find a place to make the shock/spring sliders, but I have an NOS set of BA shock sliders to use until he does. Of course the Scharttzy rock sliders will finish off the underside:
ry%3D400

Last edited:

58Bisc

OK, so I gave you a shot of what the interior looked when I started (see the first thread).

Here is the stock dash, just like most of you have:
ry%3D400

Here is my personal touch:
ry%3D400

The wheel cover and H3 emblem are color matched:
ry%3D400

Front and rear control panels, cup holder, shifter base, center console, air vents and guage cluster are all wrapped in red:
ry%3D400

I added a harness to the stereo that lets me play the iPod or phone through the XM band:
ry%3D400

Here is the iPod installed:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

58Bisc

I really think this cleaned up the Thor bumper install.

Before:
ry%3D400

Done and installed:
ry%3D400

Shot with the KC lights:
ry%3D400

Taking on a bit of a Baja look, which I like.

58Bisc

Dual batteries install:
ry%3D400

Side view:
ry%3D400

Tmax controller installed and working:
ry%3D400

A close up view of the Tmax controller:
ry%3D400

Home made bracket:
ry%3D400

Last edited:

H3slate

Brush raked
Very nice writeup. I really like what you have done with your truck. How do you like the road manners of the grabbers? I like the ipod port in the center console, something GM should have put there in the first place.

58Bisc

Victory Red grille with black Hummer letters is completed and ready for install. I have a set of BA shock skids that I bed lined and they are ready for install. My set of Schwarttzy rock slides custom built for my one inch body lift will be delivered on Tuesday and I have a semi locally built GOBI stealth clone roof rack being delivered on Wednesday.

58Bisc

Very nice writeup. I really like what you have done with your truck. How do you like the road manners of the grabbers? I like the ipod port in the center console, something GM should have put there in the first place.

Thank you. I really wanted a Knight Metal Works roof rack like yours, but I figured shipping would kill me, so I went local. I love the Grabbers. I've used them on the highway, snow, ice and rain. I have not had the chance to take them off road yet, but that is comming.

58Bisc

Great looking H3! What are we gonna expect in the future?:)

After I get the sliders, roof rack, skid plates and grille installed, I'm looking at some type of rack lights, high lift jack with a rack mount, slotted and drilled rotors with ceramic pads and a sound system upgrade with built in nav system. Not sure yet after that.

58Bisc

This weekends adds...

Victory red grille:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

BA shock sliders bed lined and ready for install:
ry%3D400

Made up a harness for the driving lights, then wired them in:
ry%3D400

Factory switch is a two week item, so I mounted the KC switch in the same location:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Of all of the upgrades I have done to my truck, this $3.00 item works the best. I put one of the convex mirrors on both sides pointing down. I can see my tires and the bottom half of the H3 now:
ry%3D400

I took the time to unspool the wintch and tried both the cabled remote and wireless to respool with some tension. I'm hoping to do some more work on it this week if the parts come in.

58Bisc

Sweet lookin rig! What iPod plug in thingy is that?... I need one of them haha

There are many options for doing this, but I had a guy from a vett forum make it for me. It taps into the XM audio line to allow the output of the iPod or phone to play through the radio's XM band.

58Bisc

It was in the truck the day I bought it new. It turned out the interior was a Katzkin custom and had been ordered for a client that never picked it up. I added the rest. Vinyl rap on the dash, etc..., steering wheel wrap I order in those colors from JCWhitney back when I first got it.

58Bisc

Couple of quick updates, roof rack in progress:
ry%3D400

Sliders need a little adjusting to get them to fit correctly.

Very beefy:
ry%3D400

Sliding them under for the third time...
ry%3D400

58Bisc

Not going to bore you with too many shots of the roof rack build. Just a couple to give you the idea of what it looks like.

The rear with light cut outs:
ry%3D400

The outline of a stealth:
ry%3D400

The builder should have it completed and ready for paint tomorrow. Floor, tie down hooks and light bar are all that are left.

Last edited: