• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Long Range Fuel Tank

Chook

This is cool, but I'm not sure if it is how I would have done it.

There have been plenty of imitators but these guys are the best. A google search will make it very clear these Longranger guys are the best in the business. Been going since the 70's with plenty of proof from those that have taken these well off the beaten track. They are the only manufacturer of tanks that ARB distributes.

I contacted them last year, they said same deal....... these will remain in "Prototype" until they get a couple more H3 in to the factory for fitment testing.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I just don't like the idea of gas above the exhaust. Also, carrying more gas is nice, but I wouldn't sacrificing the ability to make it back home. But that is just my opinion.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
As far as I know with OBD2 , u can't plumb auxiliary tank into existing system. U will set off error codes. Even my f350 with long range 62 gal main and 40 gal aux. tanks couldn't be hooked together into 1 fill neck. Computer will set off code if gauge level dosnt move in 150mi.

When I asked about H2 they said they will not do it because it will set off EVAP codes.

Chook

But u can always do "independent" auxiliary tank.

I can confirm the LongRanger for the H3 are independent Aux tanks with a transfer pump to the main tank. (but they have a common filler to ensure all tanks fill evenly)

the longranger hummer tank  70lt auxiliary 03.JPG

Last edited:

chaos254

This would be pretty cool. I wonder what kind of price they will be at if they ever go into production. I always wished my h3 could go 500-600 miles without having to fill up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Chook

Longranger has the design done. They have already fitted it to one H3 out of their factory (but his was a little different & he added another tank on the back). They just need a couple of H3's to go to their factory near Newcastle for fitting so they can test the Std tank fitting & finalise the fitment kit required to ship with the tank. I am interested & I think Skippy is interested also but the factory is about 560 Miles (900Km) one-way from us and they need the vehicle for up to a week if possible (in case they have to change anything & it needs an exhaust mod) Ideally they would want H3's that have not been modified (I have already modified my exhaust and I guess Skippy's is modified also).

Chook

I wonder what kind of price they will be at if they ever go into production.
They are distributed through ARB. Contact ARB in the USA and ask them average price for a Longranger Auxilliary Fuel Tank (they make them for lot of other vehicles Toyota, Jeep, etc.) and that would give you an indication of the price for the H3 one should we get it in production.

Panzer07

Late on this but it seem that in the not so far future that's where the batteries to power my tesla engine would be going as well I'd be replacing the stock gas tank for more batteries and what not...Just Need to put some more miles on my truck and let tesla motor come with some more beefier and powerful les energy consuming motors...perhaps off-roading electric motors lol. And no I'm. It a greedy I just like the whole electric motor technology.

Torres

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche