• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Is it supposed to look like this??

Tengo1

I slapped new rear brake pads on my H3 last week after doing the front a coupe weeks prior. While laying underneath it, I noticed this bar that attaches on both sides of the rear axel and the frame. Both sides looked kind of bent/torqued, what ever you call it where the bottom bar connects to the small top bar. Is this normal?

https://i.imgur.com/mL2x3j0.jpg

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Sway bar end links. They can look like that, especially if one tire is parked higher than the other, like if it is jacked up on one side. Typically when the vehicle is flat, those would be oriented more straight. If they seem tight when you move them by hand, and there's no noise from them when driving, I'd say you are fine.

4speedfunk

I am searching right now for replacement versions...3" longer than stock (for CgAlpha's SOA). I have removed many a rear sway bar, and not one single time have I been able to get them off without cutting. No matter how much AeroKroil, PB-Blaster, or profanities I throw at them. I have JK disco links on my SOA rear but, to be totally honest...I never disconnect them. So I am searching for an identical design as the stock ones (with a ball joint at each end). I'll post what I end up with.

lowtrac

I am searching right now for replacement versions...3" longer than stock (for CgAlpha's SOA). I have removed many a rear sway bar, and not one single time have I been able to get them off without cutting. No matter how much AeroKroil, PB-Blaster, or profanities I throw at them. I have JK disco links on my SOA rear but, to be totally honest...I never disconnect them. So I am searching for an identical design as the stock ones (with a ball joint at each end). I'll post what I end up with.

I bought front and rear sets from Detroit Axle. I got them through Amazon, but it may be worth a shot to contact them and see if they could custom fab some for you. I don’t know anything about the company so they may just be resellers.

WANNAVEE

4speed,
A company called SuperPro makes adjustable length end links and I spec'd a set that fits directly onto the rear of a stock H3 but is roughly 2" longer (when centered) than stock. They make them in overall longer and shorter lengths as well. They may not be as strong as a 1-piece steel link but I haven't had a problem with them as of yet, on or off road. They also have greasable ball joints.

If you want the info on mine I can try to dig up the part number, though I was upgrading dozens of things at the time so I might have lost/deleted the info, because I can't easily find it now.

I had a helluva time removing my stock links too even with LPS 1, and they only had mild surface rust. I got them off without cutting, though the threads did get a bit damaged. They were going into the trash anyway, because they somehow flipped over and got bent on the frame because they were too short for my mild lift.

Last edited:

4speedfunk

Here’s what I came up with...
82fb9bba2a63448de1d23028cde79005.jpg

These were for a late model Dodge Ram with a lift....$30 shipped on eBay. Obviously they are way too long but, that’s okay because I can cut them down to whatever I need. Stock links are 5” and I wanted to add another 4”.

A cut off wheel made short work of that. Then reweld and paint.
67fb0fb86305136afcbd0b5033114236.jpg

I’ll update this after I get them installed on the SOA.

DFW Spartan

The rear sway bar end links for the Tuff Country lift are 7.5" eye to eye. You can order them through Summit Racing (PN: SB-06) for $17.99 ea., plus the cost of the poly bushings and sleeves.

Since I scrapped the Tuff Country leaf pack for a new set of OME leaf springs and 2" extended shackles, I decided to return the Tuff Country links and go with some adjustable end links from Hellwig. They're pretty beefy, come in 3 different lengths (6"-8", 8"-11", & 11"-14"), and come pre assembled with the poly bushings and sleeves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4speedfunk

Here’s the final install I came up with...
d94490a80588c59ffd71bc80d827dc50.jpg

a79f201dcb4e882bfb316fee26ae65e9.jpg

Shocks are Fox 2.0 IFP’s (non reservoir), universal application, 10” travel. I used some Jeep XJ front shock BPE’s at the top.

Last edited: