• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The Miss' and her 83 yr. old mom were in a bad interstate accident tonight....

Happy Hummer

They were heading out toward Madison, WI. when a large deer entered oncoming traffic in front of them doing 66 mph. Thank GOD they both were ok. Her H3 was towed back to our home town. They were on there way to spend Christmas with her mom's side of the family and had just left Christmas with my family. We received the call and she was clearly distraught and upset. I could care less about the H3 and was only concerned about there well being. They had to be towed back to the dealership she works for and I left and went to pick them up and made sure her mother got home safe and then spend time talking, consoling the Miss' as she was the one driving and was very, very freaked.
She, they were very fortunate. The front end was pushed up into the engine and the hood hit the windshield. The violent incident decimated the front of the H3, but they walked away from her lil tank unscathed. There were pieces of deer all over two lanes of the interstate. She just blew that animal to pieces.

The damage if I had to guess 5k-7k+ easy if the engine, trans drive train is ok. The hood, cowl, wipers, widow, both qt panels, all front core support and grill, lights bumper, interior fenders, radiator and more were imploded. The front frame is in question...

MilamJR

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to hear that they walked without any injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traxx

Glad everyone walked away whole. H3's are plentiful and easy to replace.

Happy Hummer

Thanks again all!
She and her mother both seem to be doing well and I'm just so grateful that there ok. Thank God.
The towing was reimbursed yesterday and it was pretty high up there. The insurance company is putzy but hopefully will know by next week what the outcome will be. I don't know at this point if she is going to get another H3. I found a decent one but I think she wants a newer ride of a different type. Lol!
Her mother was always cranky about the H3 till she saw it save there azz' now she is wondering why her daughter would get anything else... Lol.

Reloader

Glad everyone is good. It's amazing the damage hitting a deer can do. So many drivers try to turn to miss deer and can end up in ditch in bad shape. Sounds like she kept it straight and took deer head on.
Last deer I hit was in Wisconsin on 151 north of Beaverdam. I was in an 18 wheeler and blew one to pieces right in front on a minivan full of kids. No damage to any vehicles but some freaked out kids in van me thinks. Red windshield wiper streaks on their windshield when they passed me.
Just curious, was there a grill guard of any type on the 3?

Happy Hummer

Preliminary estimate from Auto body shop put bill north of 9k for damages. She spoke to insurance company rep briefly this afternoon. :-( I'm guessing it's going to the great Hummer in the sky lol!!

She is already looking at Jeep products.

Happy Hummer

Well it's official... Sugar baby is dead. 70+% is the threshold for totaling by our insurance company standards and she found out it exceeded that by a whole bunch. They didn't even continue with a further break down of her H3 because it was not worth it to do so.

She will be test driving a bunch of replacement vehicles this week.

glpd74

Sorry to hear but the main thing is everybody is safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy Hummer

OK lol!!! Drum roll pls...

It's a bouncing baby 2018 Jeep 42 miles.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Traxx

Looks good! I'm still waiting patiently for the Gladiator to start hitting the lots so I can go get one.