• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 AC center console not illuminating

Saloonkeeper

Have a 2006 H3 and two of the three knobs for the AC heating console are not illuminating when driving at night.
Do I need to replace the three knobs or can I repair them?

JPaul

It's just the light bulbs in them have burnt out. It is possible to open up the control and replace the bulbs. You need to remove the control unit first, it's screwed onto the center console trim panel, which itself just clips in place. It's been a while since I did mine so I can't recall if they were the twist in bulbs or if they are soldered in place. I didn't take any pictures either.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
You can find replacement LEDs on eBay and similar sites. Here's one example. Note that there are different temperature bulbs so finding the OEM color may not be easy - I'd replace all three while in there so they match.

scoreh3

I just got a set of 5 from Schwarttzy and replaced the 3 in the a/c controls and the the 2 in the drivers door window controls. Now all my lights work again. You can shop around and find them cheaper, but I like to give my business to local (I think of people on this forum as local businesses) people whenever I can. They fit and work great. Oh and a little hint to make it easier use the “dime” trick the guy on YouTube uses.

BW_Hummer H3

I also used Schwarttzys and they work great. As said before the color is a little different but not a huge deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk