• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Tire recommendations!

ludevick

Hello all! I’ve been looking at getting some new tires for my H3 and was looking for some input. I have some KO2s on right now in 265-75-16 and am looking to go up in size. Looking for something that:
-Does well on gravel
-Does well in rain and therefore some mud
-I’m not too concerned about noise or longevity as I don’t rack up miles
-Price wise I’m looking to stay under $225 a piece.
-Size would prefer a 33-34 and under 60lbs (but I’m flexible on that)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueEngineer

I just got the cooper discoverer at3 XLT in a 315-75-16 and I love them. I haven’t had them too long. Little over a month but I love them. Plus they have a 60k mile warranty on them.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Round. Round tires are best.

But seriously, I think the BFG A/Ts are the best value out there for a quiet tire that performs in all weather and does a decent job on the trails. For less $, take a look at Hankook. I think you'll get less miles, but if upfront cost is the bigger concern they are worth a look.

ludevick

I just got the cooper discoverer at3 XLT in a 315-75-16 and I love them. I haven’t had them too long. Little over a month but I love them. Plus they have a 60k mile warranty on them.

I’m seriously considering this tire in a 295-75-16 which equals a 33.35 in this tire. Reading some good things about them! Plus Tire buyer has a good deal running for them right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010H3TAlpha

Love my Duratracs. I abuse the heck out of them, and they keep coming back for more. To this day I have never hydroplaned, and I live in one of the wettest areas of the USA.

3rdH3

I did KO'2s on my 2010 Alpha/Offroad. Stayed with the 285's. Considered the 295's but is my daily driver and I didn't want to put any added stress on the rolling parts. I may go with the 295's next set.