Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    Mud Terrain
    Thanks

Very frustrating day.. ugh battery woes

Had the most trying, difficult day.

Got in to the H3 today to move it around in the driveway and battery was dead yet again. This is the second battery in 2 years that has died in our 06 & 07 H3's. Tossed my charger on it for 1hour. Dead. Tested battery at local AutoZone 11.45v under load test. Digital read out approximately the same at home.

Rant on!

In my most humble opinion and my personal experience.
    I've literally been a 20-30 year long term customer of Farm & Fleet and after today's experience NO more.
    Poor service. Poor communication. Poor customer handling. Deceptive sales and warranty practices. Stone walling. Manager gang ups. Of course this is my perspective.

I've always bought with confidence from B F&F and have been treated fairly but the company has changed and not for the better.

When I purchase a product, in this case a 7 year Platinum Battery, with 3 years guarantee/warranty (only 23-25 months of my warranty used) I expect, as any mature consumer would to have that warranty honored promptly and courteously.
    When I come equipped with a valid receipt... Well

2 hours of charging, testing while I wait, stand around and made to feel like a tool, is not cool. When my H3 doesn't start and I've bought the best acid battery the vendor sells, with a stated guarantee/warranty... I do not expect to have, no less then three managers and several workers spin every possible tale and story. " Sir, you can get your Xmas shopping done"..

General Store Manager..." You can buy a new battery, sir."
    My response" this is a top of the line Platinum." "3 year warranty is still fully in tact".
    Automotive Manager"Must be your car, sir". " You can have us diagnose, fix it".
    My response"H3 works fine, great, why would I ever allow your service department to touch my vehicle when you've been less then professional since I got here"." Your quality of batteries has begun to slip and maybe that's what needs fixing".

For me I've learned It's about a relationship of trust and being truly appreciated, respected by a company when your buying goods and services. In such a diverse selling environment as the world provides today, service and support matter very much. Price is but a close second. A customer should never be made to feel like a thief or criminal because they desire to have a warranty honored.

I left F&F drove straight to AutoZone where I have literally been going for years. It isn't because I think there great. Nope, it's because they sold me a group 86 battery 3 year guarantee/warranty 2 years prorated for $178.
    The vast majority of my experiences with my local AutoZone has been pretty good and they stand behind there product warranty with just a click of my phone # or name.

There price is higher, service spotty, but they continuously try to offer some kind of acceptable outcome. Service. Respect. Flexibility. Customer Care.

Rant off! Lol!

I was really just floored by the bogus service. I've got no less then 5 Platinum top of the line batteries from F&F and this experience proved to me I'll have to purchase my next couple from other vendors, because getting them to warrantee will be impossible.

The battery supposedly held a fast charge, lol without any load placed on it. I'll load test it tommorow but I already am sure it is faulty. I've had the other die just this way. Cold, rain set in for Oct. Nov. and they die in a few days flat. 4 or 5 days ago the battery started the H3 with power to spare. Today, even with my charger 55/10/2 it couldn't turn on the lights.
    By the way lol... the new battery from AutoZone started the H3 with lots of vavoom... Alternator putting out 14.9 volts.
    Guess I better go get F&F to fix the H3 lol!!!

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    The battery connectors were replaced long ago.

Street Tire
    West valley, Phoenix AZ (escaped from wacky Madison WI)
    Thanks
    I would kill for a Blains Farm and Fleet or a Mills Fleet Farm here in Phoenix. Was one of my favorite places when we lived in Madison.
    closest thing we gots here are Tractor Supply and Cal Ranch stores in the west valley. They are better than nothing but not much.
    Anything over two years of life on an automotive battery is here is gravy.
    we have an Autozone or an Oreillys on just about every major street intersection here and I avoid Autozone. Usually hit the nearest Oreillys or Napa for my needs.

El Diablo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,547 Posts
    Wow, sorry to hear about the troubles with your battery. Like Reloader said, we are lucky to get 2 years out of a battery here in Phoenix because of the heat. The acid batteries simply breakdown, especially when going off road. I'm getting more than 2 years from an AGM but not significantly so. But at least the degradation with the AGM it's a lot slower, and everyday performance is a lot higher.

BTW, the ACDelco AGM is about the same price as the top of the line acid batteries

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Another plus one for AGM I went with the Odyssey - PN# 75-86-PC1230DT - fits in the stock box too

Street Tire
    Thanks
    I put an Optima red top in every vehicle, pay a bit more from Autozone than some places but no fuss warranty, they will just hand you another off the shelf and you cant throw a rock without hitting one of their stores if your on vacation somewhere.
    09 H3T Alpha/Adv- |Tuned |Starr Hid |Thor Bumper |Airdoc |UCP |American Roll Tonneau |Arb Compressor |Katzkins |Kenwood |

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Yeah, traxx that is exactly why I picked up one there lol!