• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Aluminum Radiator Blues

Clark

Hi
Folks I just had to share this one with you. I was all excited back in march when I purchased my aluminum CSF radiator
Only 7 months old and I sprung a major leak today. I thought this radiator was going to be so tough and durable.
Has this happened to any members here? My luck....:emb:

Attachments

• CSF2.jpg
    CSF2.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 346

amrg

Yeah you're not the first, several others got leaks and last i read csf said it was an issue with their first batch that they corrected later on (although your radiator should be from the newer ones)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Traxx

They are known to spring leaks, though on the bright side at least it's an external leak. I would probably go with one of the Davis radiators if I wanted the shiny with extra cooling but they cost a small fortune and don't leak.

atvspeed4

Mine is leaking too but only seems to do it once the radiator comes up to temp. Really frustrating since we put one in our 6.0l swapped truck to and now I don't trust it

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
My plastic OEM one doesn't leak :giggle:. But seriously, that's a bummer especially when you spend big $$$.

Clark

radiator bottom.jpgradiator bottom2.jpgradiator bottom4.jpgradiator bottom5.jpgradiator bottom 3.jpgthis is what I have for now. would you believe there is no serial number on this radiator.

Clark

So CSF won't send me a replacement radiator because according to them I didn't buy mine directly from them. I bought mine from an eBay seller who wanted
me to deal directly with CSF. I explained to him the response I got from the MFG and he better get me a replacement, because my radiator is only 7 months old
and is still under warranty. I filed a grievance with eBay, PayPal and my Credit card. So while they point fingers at each other I bought Foreign made plastic radiator
WISH ME LUCK!!!erad6.jpgerad4.jpg

Traxx

Could have just bought a Delco radiator and put in a cooler if your worried about the trans and been done with it. If that is one of those Spectra radiators plan on doing the job a third time.

Hunner

I just had the tranny beefed up and worked great for 1700 miles when the internal trans cooler failed. Yuck, I'm having a new radiator built like we used to do back in the day for cars we raced. It is even cheaper than a GM but built by locals I have used for many years. Transmission guy is flushing the tran to see what got ruined. Oh well, first expense I have had on my 2008 H3 Alpha that was not elective.
About to hit 100,000 miles and running good.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I just had the tranny beefed up and worked great for 1700 miles when the internal trans cooler failed. Yuck, I'm having a new radiator built like we used to do back in the day for cars we raced. It is even cheaper than a GM but built by locals I have used for many years. Transmission guy is flushing the tran to see what got ruined. Oh well, first expense I have had on my 2008 H3 Alpha that was not elective.
About to hit 100,000 miles and running good.
Ouch, sorry to hear about that. Hope it's not too painful of a repair.

Hunner

Clutches and bands came apart which also trashed the drum. I went with the internal cooler so as to not add more stuff blocking the radiator and more hoses to blow. Fan clutch would not come off. Got a new pump and clutch and thermostat. Maybe I'm good for another 100,000 or at least my H3 is! Flushed everything with a mixture of Dawn and water to clean it out before installing new one. Test drove today and washed underbody. Full Knight skid plate going back on in the morning.