• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Spraying Trans Fluid.... when turning? HELP

Asethr

2009 H3T Alpha A/T

So a couple weeks ago I did a trans fluid change. I’ve changed my own fluids my whole life and never had anything like this happen. About 5 days after changing the fluid/filter and gasket, I was pulling into my apartment complex and heard this awful grinding noise. I jump out to see what it is and ATF is spewing everywhere! I was able to slowly pull it into my parking space. Not leaking any fluid as I was driving straight. But anytime I turned the wheel past 1/4 turn the grinding came back and ATF started spewing again. I can’t seem to find my problem on google. Any thoughts?

Also, I feared it may have been the gasket, so I did another change and changed to a new gasket, AGAIN. Pulled out of my parking space and BOOM same thing. I should also mention the leak seems to be coming from above the pan? And mainly above the drive shaft.

Last edited:

Asethr

Okay working on a theory.. you guys give me your opinion.. I got under the truck now that it’s cooled off. A while back my crossmemebrr volt came out and my front differential had some freedom. It has appearently beaten up on one of my trans lines.. in thinking it’s the line that sends to the radiator. Now with this line being basically crimped, do you all think that the added pressure caused the leak? The leak appeared to be coming from the trans line at the transmission as well as the dip stick tube at the transmission... thoughts?

Thinking maybe it’s happening during steering because the transmission is under more pressure to move the vehicle...

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Overfilled and/or not moving fluid properly. If you've got a crimp in the line, it could be building up pressure and the fluid can't move as fast as it should so it takes the path of least resistance up the dipstick tube. If that line is crimped, I think you need to repair or replace that section.

Asethr

Overfilled and/or not moving fluid properly. If you've got a crimp in the line, it could be building up pressure and the fluid can't move as fast as it should so it takes the path of least resistance up the dipstick tube. If that line is crimped, I think you need to repair or replace that section.

You hit it right on man! I had a crimped trans outlet line and the pitch of least resistance was occurring. Thanks for your help! We are running good as new now!