• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Jeep Hood Louvers?

Lewiz VenomH3

Has anyone tried to put a Jeep Wranger Hood Louver on their H3? Looking at the posted dimensions it looks like it’s possible especially because there 3 Jeep model options, and their only about $150.

https://www.4wd.com/p/poison-spyder...q5ALENvx43njmPnOmnF-CA_05enV8KKcaAtgzEALw_wcB
Run cool louvers have one for the h3s. Unless you want something different
56086f857c1d9a5db7a5af14848578ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BigHollander

Those will be my fall back option as I'm not a huge fan of the look. And the RunCools are twice the price of the Jeep ones.

Acer4LO

Its not a bad idea to be honest. I think someone would have to take the plunge and see if it fits correctly and looks good.

BigHollander

I found some Louver templates on Poison Spyders website, printed them and tried them on the hood. The Louver for the JK and YJ would fit, the TJ would be too long. With that said they are much more narrow in the front and would leave current mounting holes in the hood exposed. So I will continue my search, or beg someone to make one...

Not sure if I attached the photo correctly, hopefully it comes through.

c1c6e172-2dac-46fa-8591-372ae6a802f7

amrg

Keep it hummer and make the stock ones functional,
Although to be honest they won't really help with engine coolant temps on a stock setup but they will decrease heat soak after turning the engine off!
Otherwise If you are running a thick 2 core rad & ac condenser with a thick trans cooler upfront, perhaps a louvered hood would help create a suction effect for air to pass through the thick cores upfront!

I personally removed the weather seal at the back of the hood and it really helps reduce heat soak after engine off

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk