Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    Mud Terrain
    Thanks

Cool Happy's b-day, anniversary this week and I'd like to update the h/u and speakers

It's Happy's b-day, anniversary this week and I'd like to update the h/u and speakers.
    What h/u are you running???
    What speakers???
    Please offer specs... Such as brand, watts, impedance, options, etc...
    I've been on crutch field for what seems days but really can't make my mind up.
    I know I want clarity, quality, decent price and longevity in the product.
    I'd like touch screen and don't want to hack the dash or structure beneath it.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Iím all stock now but soon to have is:
    Alpine ILX 107
    4x Pioneer 3 way speakers
    2x Carson Vega 10Ē low profile subwoofers

Doing a full coverage soundskins dampening as well as a mass loaded vinyl on the floorboard.
    Fast Rings going around the 4 Pioneers

and eventually (when I have some extra cash to throw around) Iím going to make a custom wireless charging armrest similar to what you find in the new silverados.

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    I sure hope you'll share as you go along. This could really help me and others. Maybe a video and or pic's. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Thanks for responding to the thread by the way.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I’ve got a pretty good list of mods going. I am doing a few off-road and performance mods but nothing too crazy like a lot of guys have. My biggest aim right now is retrofitting this truck with modern day technology. Bells and whistles some would say. But having road and tire noise cut down and a quality audio system is up there for me. Nothing like a truck with MT tires that sounds as quiet as a Cadillac but yes, I’ll start a build thread pretty soon, and keep you posted here as well.

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Here's my build, it's a bit more serious than most but I absolutely love it. I am a big audiophile, but I am also a firm believer in simplicity and retaining as much stock look as possible. You can head straight to the end and work backward to get a better idea for my current setup. If you haven't spent any time on diymobileaudio.com, I highly recommend it, though prepare yourself to get lost in the vast amount of information:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...d-warrior.html

My system:
    Pioneer DEX-P99RS (changing to no headunit and DSP, probably Helix Pro MK3 when it is released. I'll use my Google Pixel 3 XL as a source device)
    Biketronics BT4180 amp (tweeters and mids): http://www.biketronics.com/bt4180-180-watts-rms-x-4/
    Biketronics BT2250 amp (subs): http://www.biketronics.com/bt2250-250w-rms-x-2/
    Dynaudio Esotar E650 mids, mounted to MDF rings, sealed to doors with butyl deadener. Though I LOVE these mids, they are way overkill for most installs. Check out Stereo Integrity's new TM65 MKIII woofers for a more affordable alternative: https://stereointegrity.com/product/tm65-6-5-woofer/
    CSS LD25X tweeters (My favorite tweeters in the world but they are no longer made. I highly recommend Stereo Integrity M25 tweeters as they are the same design with drastically improved quality control: https://stereointegrity.com/product/m25-tweeter/)
    Stereo Integrity MKV 12" subwoofers. https://stereointegrity.com/product/...-12-subwoofer/ I love these, but still trying to figure out how to stuff these under the back seat. I am getting to the point where I may need to pay someone to fiberglass an enclosure for me.
    Knukonceptz RCAs, super easy to run under our carpet, affordable, and best noise rejection I have encountered for the cost. Noise rejection is almost as good as my much more expensive Esoteric RCAs I use in my reference home system. 4m length is just about perfect for our trucks to go from HU to factory amp location: http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-au...air-rca-cable/

I love the BT amps because they produce 1600watts RMS in a footprint that fits where the factory amp was. Class D with Class A frontends/feedback system, lowest noise of any car amp I've ever used. They aren't cheap, but they are made in the USA with lifetime warranty. I know the owner and he is one of the coolest people in the world. Highly recommended

I absolutely love this stuff, so feel free to ask any questions. I've had about 10 different systems in my truck trying to find the best balance between sound quality and simplicity, and happy to share any lessons I've learned along the way.
    Last edited by 2010H3TAlpha; 10-10-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    2010 H3T Alpha Offroad - Sonnax 1khp 4L60E - Rocky Road Sliders - GM UCP - AirDoc Intake - GM Performance Exhaust - PCM of NC tune/HPTuners - GM Crossbars - GM Truck Boxes - Scorpworks Steering Rack Bracket - SnugTop Slant Back Canopy - GoodYear Duratrac 35" tires - Odyssey Extreme 25-PC1400T Battery - Stereo: Pioneer DEX-P99RS HU/Biketronics 4180&2250 amps/Dynaudio E650 mids/CSS XBL tweeters/Stereo Integrity BM MKV sub

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    That’s a deep setup man. Definitely have put in your research hours. I hear nothing but A+ about BT. Funny you mentioned the knukoncepts RCAs lol that’s what I already plan on getting. Along with their battery terminals. I have a buddy that has SI MKV subs. They are QUALITY. But then again he is an audiophile and has spent countless hours tweaking his system. I’m on the same page as you with simplicity. I like to keep close to oem look and finish on a lot of things. Sleek, elegant, and simple. You know much about aftermarket keylessentry and remote start setups?

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Thanks! I had MKIV subs before my MKVs and also absolutely loved them. I even had an MKIII in my old Grand Cherokee and both led me to order the MKV subs. The MKV subs are amazing; they dig deep like the MKIII and MKIV, but they hit hard like a long-excursion 10". I still can't believe they are just over 3" deep and only need 400 watts to really move. My MKV is in 1 cu.ft. right now with only 250 watts and it is killer. I am planning to put both under my back seat and double the power to 500 watts each, but I honestly don't really need to because it sounds so good now. But I love tweaking and my existing enclosure is really ugly, so under the seat they will go.

BT is working on a custom amp for me right now that will be similar to my current setup, but all in one chassis with a preamp that is matched to my DSP voltage output. It will be roughly 10" square and pack 250x4 and 500x2 watts RMS into 4 ohms (80% increase at 2 ohms if I need it). Machined aluminum enclosure and Anderson power pole connectors for a super clean install. Can't wait!

Unfortunately I have zero experience with keyless entry/remote start systems. I'd love remote start on my truck; I am super jealous of that feature on my wife's Sequoia. Especially with winter around the corner.
    Last edited by 2010H3TAlpha; 10-10-2018 at 07:04 PM.
    2010 H3T Alpha Offroad - Sonnax 1khp 4L60E - Rocky Road Sliders - GM UCP - AirDoc Intake - GM Performance Exhaust - PCM of NC tune/HPTuners - GM Crossbars - GM Truck Boxes - Scorpworks Steering Rack Bracket - SnugTop Slant Back Canopy - GoodYear Duratrac 35" tires - Odyssey Extreme 25-PC1400T Battery - Stereo: Pioneer DEX-P99RS HU/Biketronics 4180&2250 amps/Dynaudio E650 mids/CSS XBL tweeters/Stereo Integrity BM MKV sub

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Yeah i never believed him when he told me how shallow they were. He has two in a custom box under his rear seats. And those MFs made you fool like your clothes were crawling off of you lol. That setup is gonna be sick. We need pics!

Reason I asked about the keyless is because I’m getting ready to install an advanced keys ak-105b in my H3t. Full keyless proximity entry, remote start, push start, and auto window closure. I’ve got a buddy that has a clean install of it in his mustang. But I’ve never seen one in a H3. Gonna be a lot of tinkering to get it to act right, since H3s are known for being troublesome with aftermarket installs.