• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Power seat switch issues 08 H3 alpha

CaddyStrophic

The 6-way power seat switch on my H3, 2 of the 4 directions don't work. I removed the seat and used electrical cleaner to try and get it to work.

I plugged it back in and everything worked for about 30 seconds and then went right back to not working. Is this a sign of a bad switch or something else? I don't want to order the wrong part.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Hmm, that's a new one. Does sound like a bad switch. Are you testing while seated in the or outside of it? I ask because that side plastic surround on the edge is known to break. Normally it just kicks on the seat heater but maybe it's interfering with the switch too.

CaddyStrophic

Hmm, that's a new one. Does sound like a bad switch. Are you testing while seated in the or outside of it? I ask because that side plastic surround on the edge is known to break. Normally it just kicks on the seat heater but maybe it's interfering with the switch too.
I removed the seat completely to clean the switch. I let it dry, then just plugged it in to test and it worked for about 30 seconds, then just stopped again. The seat wasnt bolted in or anything and no one was in it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk