Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.

Thread: Carspotting

El Diablo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,117 Times in 1,533 Posts

Carspotting

I found this little gem in Telluride

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alrock For This Useful Post:

Acer4LO (09-09-2018), atvspeed4 (09-09-2018), Korby7 (09-09-2018)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    what state was that license plate from?

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Saw this one last week. Kind of cool to see exotics like this. Definitely don't see many of these cruising the cornfields of rural Indiana.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 08H3 For This Useful Post:

alrock (09-10-2018)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Saw this at a Walmart in Suburban Illinois. Any supercar outside of downtown Chicago area is really rare to come by.

2008 Hummer H3 Alpha Adventure + Luxury

Rancho 4in, 295 Nitto Terras, Road Armor Bumper, Smittybilt 10k, Gobi Stealth, RRO Sliders, Daystar 1" Body Lift, ARB snorkel, Runcool Louver, JKS front disconnects, Coverking Cordura Ballistic Seat Covers, Schwarttzy Skid Plates + Leaf Mounts + Extended Shackles, Outfitter Design Tire Rods, Optima D34, Smittybilt Storage Drawer, Cobra 29 ltd, Dual 102" Whips

Parts List Updated 8/10/18

[Follow The Build]

[Wheeling and General Pictures]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Acer4LO For This Useful Post:

alrock (09-10-2018)

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Carspotting was one the highlights of my trip to Los Angeles last year. It was kind of like, "Hey! Look over there at that McLaren. Yeah, the one parked between the Ferrari and Lamborghini."

Mr. Beretta
    Thanks
    Can't see the state, however, that little "m" on a Michigan plate would denote Manufacture. But it sure does not look like a Michigan plate.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Ya I was thinking it sure looked like a michigan manufacturer plate. It just seemed odd to be on that car.

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    That's funny. Putting pieces together I saw an article (somewhere, can't remember where) speculating on the possibility of a Corvette based SUV. Not sure how Michigan regulates or issues manufacturers plates, but I suppose it could be a manufacturer evaluating a competitor. Never would have thought of it until I read the Corvette SUV story.

El Diablo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,117 Times in 1,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
    Can't see the state, however, that little "m" on a Michigan plate would denote Manufacture. But it sure does not look like a Michigan plate.
    Correct, Michigan manufacturer plate.

Mr. Beretta
    Thanks
    MI manufacturing plates are issued to the manufacturers based in MI or who have a manufacturing, engineering facility or other facility in the state of MI and are primarily used for any vehicles they use for engineering purposes. (Cannot be used for vehicles issued to executives for their driving pleasure.) Engineering purposes can also be defined as test driving even by those who are not engineers and for competitive evaluation. I used to run around in some really nifty vehicles with M-plates (NEO might remember the ZR 1 I played around with) . In addition, VW of America, parent owner of Lamborghini used to have corp headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI and when they officially moved to someplace in VA, a small contingent of personnel remained in MI.

So, it could be a VW owned vehicle that is being tested by other than engineering; possibly marketing, or a high level executive playing around and saying it being tested but really being used for joy rides.

Or, it could be a vehicle purchased by one of the other auto manufactures such as GM, Ford, FCA, etc., and being evaluated.

I can remember running across some Land Rovers being tested by Ford engineering in Moab in, I believe early 2007, with M-plates. Talked to them out at Tower Arch. They appeared to be having more fun than actual testing, but by that time, it was on the selling block.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    That's interesting. Thanks for the reply.