• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Carspotting

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I found this little gem in Telluride
c5b535dcefc65ab3b97c13aa3dfd605c.jpg
371f4b762da7ff977db48673cd633821.jpg
1cc03c48cba8b200d5486b8a3bde6dfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

08H3

Saw this one last week. Kind of cool to see exotics like this. Definitely don't see many of these cruising the cornfields of rural Indiana.
150c2cbc700ae1760baceee9c3637551.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Acer4LO

Saw this at a Walmart in Suburban Illinois. Any supercar outside of downtown Chicago area is really rare to come by.

i-5LWp9F5-X3.jpg

08H3

Carspotting was one the highlights of my trip to Los Angeles last year. It was kind of like, "Hey! Look over there at that McLaren. Yeah, the one parked between the Ferrari and Lamborghini."

08H3

That's funny. Putting pieces together I saw an article (somewhere, can't remember where) speculating on the possibility of a Corvette based SUV. Not sure how Michigan regulates or issues manufacturers plates, but I suppose it could be a manufacturer evaluating a competitor. Never would have thought of it until I read the Corvette SUV story.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
MI manufacturing plates are issued to the manufacturers based in MI or who have a manufacturing, engineering facility or other facility in the state of MI and are primarily used for any vehicles they use for engineering purposes. (Cannot be used for vehicles issued to executives for their driving pleasure.) Engineering purposes can also be defined as test driving even by those who are not engineers and for competitive evaluation. I used to run around in some really nifty vehicles with M-plates (NEO might remember the ZR 1 I played around with) . In addition, VW of America, parent owner of Lamborghini used to have corp headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI and when they officially moved to someplace in VA, a small contingent of personnel remained in MI.

So, it could be a VW owned vehicle that is being tested by other than engineering; possibly marketing, or a high level executive playing around and saying it being tested but really being used for joy rides.

Or, it could be a vehicle purchased by one of the other auto manufactures such as GM, Ford, FCA, etc., and being evaluated.

I can remember running across some Land Rovers being tested by Ford engineering in Moab in, I believe early 2007, with M-plates. Talked to them out at Tower Arch. They appeared to be having more fun than actual testing, but by that time, it was on the selling block.