• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

3d print files for 7inch led headlight adapters

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3088147

Above is a link to print headlight adapters to make most 7 inch Led headlights work in the hummer h3.

If anyone can come up with a better design please let me know and I will see what I can do.

2w3w13s.jpg

2jbwqah.jpg

I think I'm going to end up doing a hid retrofit. Just don't like the look of the round headlight and the square opening.

Hope someone can enjoy these

Justin

BlueEngineer

Can you explain a little of the process and what lights you used specifically. I like this and might steal it.

YaeTek 1 Pair 7" Round Angel Eyes Cree Led HALO Headlight For Jeep Wrangler JK/TJ/LJ/CJ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR44L76/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tdSKBbCQHHV19

Above is a link to the lights I used. In my first post, the link takes you to a download page where you can download my cad drawing of the adapters I designed for a 3d printer. If you're on a computer you can click on my design and move it where you can see a full 3d rendering of it. This adapter slides onto the back of the led headlights that I posted in the link of this post. If you look at the rings, you will see two holes in the ring. This is so you can use two screws and secure the light where it won't slip off the ring. Other than that, you take the three mounting clips off the factory headlight and screw them to the three legs on the adapters. I will try and take everything apart this weekend and take pictures so everyone can have a better understanding of the process.

The files are for people with a 3d printer and are free. If you don't have a 3d printer you can order the pieces off of thingiverse and somebody else prints them for you and ships them to you.....

Also for a full functioning swap you will need a negative to positive switch converter for the headlights sense they work of ground switching instead of positive switching. I ordered these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332720218516 still waiting for them to come in. You can still wire them up without this, but you won't be able to use the high beam function.

Hope that helps for now.

Justin

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Thanks for making these! I ordered them from Makerbot. About $32 shipped.

Have you thought of anything to use to close the gap around the edges of the light? So leaves and junk don’t pile in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for making these! I ordered them from Makerbot. About $32 shipped.

Have you thought of anything to use to close the gap around the edges of the light? So leaves and junk don’t pile in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have, but the problem is it still has to allow for headlight adjustment and it needs to be flat to print properly. I'm thinking about just trying to use the factory headlight glass to make a cover for it.

Is there any other parts people want created with 3d printing? Just let me kmow. I'll be glad to design a few things.

Justin

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Looking good! Do you think an adapter that fits the 7 inch LED behind the factory lens is feasible?

Looking good! Do you think an adapter that fits the 7 inch LED behind the factory lens is feasible?

I am working on trying to fit 5.75" led motorcycle lights in the factory housing with glass. Just have to figure out a good way to secure it in the housing that doesn't include a lot of jb weld. But it looks something like this

2dvsj2g.jpg

Little bit of an update. I figured out a way to make the 5.75inch motorcycle lights to fit. I designed a bucket that they fit in, then you just glue it in. Here are some pictures of the prototype. All I need to do is smooth out the 3d print on the bucket and it will be good to go. I'm thinking I might need to trim the back of the headlight housing to allow heat to disapate from the rear heatsinks on the LEDs.

eh66b.jpg

2lxtbhh.jpg

14o1nm.jpg

2urqmue.jpg

Last edited:

lc7404

Hey Justin
thank you for answering my questions but most of all thank you for taking the time to explore this and keeping us posted

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I think Justin just won Post of the Month. Yeah, it's a new thing, but he definitely won it. Well, she won it for him.

So here's a different shroud. What do you all prefer, round or this version

21mb4w1.jpg

2rc8hvq.jpg

2vkc7rl.jpg

Thanks for all the great comments. So what is everyone's favorite so far. I'm going to stick with HID over the led. Better light out put.

Asethr

Get some thick kydex and trim out a square with a circle in the middle. Boom. Should be able to affix it just around the new headlight bezel

I[OIIIIIIIO]I

This is fantastic, I wanted to make a few parts as well using the GM CAD files for the H3 but was unsuccessful in gaining access to them. They are out there somewhere, I have seen post of parts built off the data.

I am going to try these out!