• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What to do next? Lots of questions!

BlueEngineer

I feel like I have to press the brakes a lot harder than before the new tires. Is this normal? Or should I check them for something? It comes to a stop it just feels like I have to depress the pedal a lot further than before.

Traxx

It's normal to have increased stopping distance with new heavier wheel/tire combos. Brake earlier.

BlueEngineer

Getting my new stereo either today or tomorrow. Getting the Sony [FONT=&quot]XAVAX100. Touch screen with Apple car play. I’m excited for it. Probably will replace the front door speakers and sub too. Waiting on one more thing then I’ll get my new bilsteins in too!![/FONT]

BlueEngineer

humvee

I need a wire harness and a dash kit. Not sure which kit I need

I bought a cheap Sony head unit from crutchfield, they will tell you which harness you need to retain OnStar, chimes etc.
I’ll try and dig up what I got.

My head unit was so cheap it doesn’t even allow me to change its wallpaper [emoji43]. But its a fact that you’ll get much better audio clarity with the cheapest sony/kenwood/pioneer than with more expensive feature packed Chinese brands.
Not many people know this, but the internal components of ALL Chinese audio units are very low end. Good call on the Sony.

BlueEngineer

I was big into audio stuff with my first car. You know, typical teenage boy stuff. Lol. I’d like to get a kenwood or alpine but I’m not dropping that much on it. I’m already hesitant about this one cause it’s so expensive. But it’s the lesser of my choices. So it’ll do. I’ve been comparing head units for day. I don’t need a cd/dvd drive since cds are obsolete and I have dvds in the headrest for the kids. I’ll use my phone almost every single time so I don’t need integrated gps since I’m getting the apple car play. I have Spotify so I won’t need Sirius capabilities. No steering wheel controls so don’t need that. I don’t need a detachable face either. It’s nice option but my previous aftermarket units the faceplate would mess up after a while. Every time I’d touch it it’d turn off. I assume that’s a connection issue with the detach face.

it really comes down to looks. Do I want a 6.4” or 7” screen? Do I want the volume dial or buttons? Do I want Sony or pioneer? Ugh.

2010H3TAlpha

Honestly I'm about to change to a lossless Bluetooth DSP such as a Helix and then use my phone as the source (which I already do anyway). Not sure what I'll do with the big hole in my dash, sandwich holder?

humvee

Not sure what I'll do with the big hole in my dash, sandwich holder?

We do lack storage, you can make an aluminum tray to fit for that.
OR, amrg says there are android double dins that you can connect the OBDII to and use torque to track your 3’s parameters instead of a phone. They’re Chinese and also have poor audio quality but you wont use it for music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueEngineer

Honestly I'm about to change to a lossless Bluetooth DSP such as a Helix and then use my phone as the source (which I already do anyway). Not sure what I'll do with the big hole in my dash, sandwich holder?

Lmao. When I got my first suv I transferred my head unit from my old car and it was a single din going into a double din space. So I had that nice big empty space below it. It became my lunch holder. Lol. I’d keep snacks, sandwiches, all kinds of stuff in it. Lol

BlueEngineer

I’ve never ordered from crutchfield. I actually forgot about crutchfield until recently while searching for my radio. Yesterday I ordered the whole kit. Head unit, dash kit, antenna connector, and the crutchfield prewire service. Collectively it was cheaper than bestbuy and amazon and came with free shipping. Best part is it’s already out for delivery!!! My new unit will be installed this evening!