Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010H3TAlpha View Post
    Have you tried it in 4low? I was able to get mine to click REALLY loud in 4 low up a hill. It wasn't as pronounced in 4hi on flat ground, but I also had a ripped boot.
    I have not tried it in 4lo yet. I need to take my switch out and clean it up. I still get the serv 4wd message and I know it’s the switch. When I push the buttons I have to apply a decent amount of force just to get them to light up. It’d be easier to just replace but I can’t seem to find one for an affordable price.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Just picked up a new cv axle. Will install it today. Hopefully should only take me a few hours.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Learned somethings today. I replaced the passenger side cv based on two reasons. 1. The noise was coming from predominantly the passenger side. 2. I found the most grease on the edge of the boot on that side.
    Heres what I learned. Replacing that cv did not make it stop. It might be the driveshaft.
    The sound responds to my acceleration whether it’s in reverse or drive. It sounds like a ratcheting of some sorts and then a clanking noise. Almost like something is building up and then falling down.
    I cant jack up the whole vehicle yet but I did find that I can wiggle (with force) the cv joint that hides on the other side of the protector plate.
    It definitely sounds like the noise is coming from the line of axis of the driveshaft. I’m gonna run it down to a friends place tomorrow who is a mechanic and hopefully get some info.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Problem has been diagnosed as a bad cv joint on the driveshaft. New one has been ordered. These fixes are eating into my budget.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that my cv joint on the driveshaft is bad. What do you guys think?

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I feel like I have to press the brakes a lot harder than before the new tires. Is this normal? Or should I check them for something? It comes to a stop it just feels like I have to depress the pedal a lot further than before.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    It's normal to have increased stopping distance with new heavier wheel/tire combos. Brake earlier.
    09 H3T Alpha/Adv- |Tuned |Starr Hid |Thor Bumper |Airdoc |UCP |American Roll Tonneau |Arb Compressor |Katzkins |Kenwood |

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Getting my new stereo either today or tomorrow. Getting the Sony XAVAX100. Touch screen with Apple car play. Iím excited for it. Probably will replace the front door speakers and sub too. Waiting on one more thing then Iíll get my new bilsteins in too!!

Street Tire
    Thanks

What to do next? Lots of questions!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEngineer View Post
    Getting my new stereo either today or tomorrow. Getting the Sony [COLOR=#1D252C][FONT=&quot]XAVAX100. Touch screen with Apple car play.
    Interested to know more about your stereo when its in. Follow this link to download a custom hummer wallpaper I made for mine.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/em7tujzckg...paper.zip?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 HUMMER H3 - V8 swap on 4.56

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Interested to know more about your stereo when its in. Follow this link to download a custom hummer wallpaper I made for mine.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/em7tujzckg...paper.zip?dl=0

Thanks man! I’m trying to piece everything together. I need a wire harness and a dash kit. Not sure which kit I need and I’m hoping it’s not gonna be to much. also getting a backup camera. Which is awesome.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEngineer View Post
    I need a wire harness and a dash kit. Not sure which kit I need
    I bought a cheap Sony head unit from crutchfield, they will tell you which harness you need to retain OnStar, chimes etc.
    Iíll try and dig up what I got.

My head unit was so cheap it doesnít even allow me to change its wallpaper . But its a fact that youíll get much better audio clarity with the cheapest sony/kenwood/pioneer than with more expensive feature packed Chinese brands.
    Not many people know this, but the internal components of ALL Chinese audio units are very low end. Good call on the Sony.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I was big into audio stuff with my first car. You know, typical teenage boy stuff. Lol. I’d like to get a kenwood or alpine but I’m not dropping that much on it. I’m already hesitant about this one cause it’s so expensive. But it’s the lesser of my choices. So it’ll do. I’ve been comparing head units for day. I don’t need a cd/dvd drive since cds are obsolete and I have dvds in the headrest for the kids. I’ll use my phone almost every single time so I don’t need integrated gps since I’m getting the apple car play. I have Spotify so I won’t need Sirius capabilities. No steering wheel controls so don’t need that. I don’t need a detachable face either. It’s nice option but my previous aftermarket units the faceplate would mess up after a while. Every time I’d touch it it’d turn off. I assume that’s a connection issue with the detach face.

it really comes down to looks. Do I want a 6.4” or 7” screen? Do I want the volume dial or buttons? Do I want Sony or pioneer? Ugh.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueEngineer For This Useful Post:

humvee (10-04-2018)

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Honestly I'm about to change to a lossless Bluetooth DSP such as a Helix and then use my phone as the source (which I already do anyway). Not sure what I'll do with the big hole in my dash, sandwich holder?
    2010 H3T Alpha Offroad - Sonnax 1khp 4L60E - Rocky Road Sliders - GM UCP - AirDoc Intake - GM Performance Exhaust - PCM of NC tune/HPTuners - GM Crossbars - GM Truck Boxes - Scorpworks Steering Rack Bracket - SnugTop Slant Back Canopy - GoodYear Duratrac 35" tires - Odyssey Extreme 25-PC1400T Battery - Stereo: Pioneer DEX-P99RS HU/Biketronics 4180&2250 amps/Dynaudio E650 mids/CSS XBL tweeters/Stereo Integrity BM MKV sub

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Not sure what I'll do with the big hole in my dash, sandwich holder?
    We do lack storage, you can make an aluminum tray to fit for that.
    OR, amrg says there are android double dins that you can connect the OBDII to and use torque to track your 3ís parameters instead of a phone. Theyíre Chinese and also have poor audio quality but you wont use it for music.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Honestly I'm about to change to a lossless Bluetooth DSP such as a Helix and then use my phone as the source (which I already do anyway). Not sure what I'll do with the big hole in my dash, sandwich holder?
    Lmao. When I got my first suv I transferred my head unit from my old car and it was a single din going into a double din space. So I had that nice big empty space below it. It became my lunch holder. Lol. I’d keep snacks, sandwiches, all kinds of stuff in it. Lol