Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010H3TAlpha View Post
    Have you tried it in 4low? I was able to get mine to click REALLY loud in 4 low up a hill. It wasn't as pronounced in 4hi on flat ground, but I also had a ripped boot.
    I have not tried it in 4lo yet. I need to take my switch out and clean it up. I still get the serv 4wd message and I know it’s the switch. When I push the buttons I have to apply a decent amount of force just to get them to light up. It’d be easier to just replace but I can’t seem to find one for an affordable price.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Just picked up a new cv axle. Will install it today. Hopefully should only take me a few hours.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Learned somethings today. I replaced the passenger side cv based on two reasons. 1. The noise was coming from predominantly the passenger side. 2. I found the most grease on the edge of the boot on that side.
    Heres what I learned. Replacing that cv did not make it stop. It might be the driveshaft.
    The sound responds to my acceleration whether it’s in reverse or drive. It sounds like a ratcheting of some sorts and then a clanking noise. Almost like something is building up and then falling down.
    I cant jack up the whole vehicle yet but I did find that I can wiggle (with force) the cv joint that hides on the other side of the protector plate.
    It definitely sounds like the noise is coming from the line of axis of the driveshaft. I’m gonna run it down to a friends place tomorrow who is a mechanic and hopefully get some info.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Problem has been diagnosed as a bad cv joint on the driveshaft. New one has been ordered. These fixes are eating into my budget.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that my cv joint on the driveshaft is bad. What do you guys think?

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I feel like I have to press the brakes a lot harder than before the new tires. Is this normal? Or should I check them for something? It comes to a stop it just feels like I have to depress the pedal a lot further than before.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    It's normal to have increased stopping distance with new heavier wheel/tire combos. Brake earlier.
    09 H3T Alpha/Adv- |Tuned |Starr Hid |Thor Bumper |Airdoc |UCP |American Roll Tonneau |Arb Compressor |Katzkins |Kenwood |