• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

WTB Wanted! Low or zero mile Duelers.

4speedfunk

Looking for near new original H3 tires. Bridgestone Duelers size LT285/75/R16. Wheels not needed. Got your factory spare laying around? (We all run 35”s right?). PM me.

JPaul

I might have one that was the spare. Why the need though? They're all going to be pretty old tires by now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4speedfunk

Old is fine as long as they aren’t dry-rotted. Duelers have a tendency to develop small cracks all over them (especially near the bead), so virgin spares are preferred.

I run them on my high-mileage 99 Burb (mounted on Alcoa 8-lug alloys). I have been driving back & forth to the DC area, and recently shredded one. So cgAlpha just hooked me up with a really nice spare, (thanks) and I’m looking for 3 more to round out the set. I’m in the central Indiana area.

Since most of us run larger tires on our H3’s, figured l would ask around...probably quite a few stored in attics and basements. It’s an oddball size and Bridgestone has since changed the Dueler’s tread pattern.

Last edited:

SlcHummer

I've got 5 michelin defender ltx m/s 285/75/R16 tires sitting in my basement. The 5th spare tire has never been used and the other 4 have 25-30k miles on them, I can get an exact mileage on them tomorrow if needed. Never any flats and rotated pretty consistently every 3-5k miles before I took them off last year and upgraded to 35's.

I had been meaning to take pictures and post them for sale but been procrastinating. I'm in UT and was looking to buy the front and rear Thorparts bumpers early next year...just sayin' ;) lol

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some stuff has some value to me...some stuff doesn't. I have zero use for an original Dueler spare from a 2008 H3. If I ever get another H3 it won't have Duelers on it. With all my toys I need space. I have stuff on the way and am clearing out room.

4speedfunk

Some stuff has some value to me...some stuff doesn't. I have zero use for an original Dueler spare from a 2008 H3. If I ever get another H3 it won't have Duelers on it. With all my toys I need space. I have stuff on the way and am clearing out room.

Agreed. Duelers are hard as skateboard wheels...useless off-road. But they are round, hold air, and last forever. They work good on the Burb. PM sent.

Slc...Michelin’s are good tires but, I’m only interested in Duelers.

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you care who it gets shipped through? You have an account with anyone? I have been get some really stupid high quotes through Fastenal

4speedfunk

Do you care who it gets shipped through? You have an account with anyone? I have been get some really stupid high quotes through Fastenal

Fastenal? Are they still in business? Try UPS-Ground. Take it to one of their shipping stores, or order a pickup via the website. Might be cheaper without the wheel. Should be around $65. I’ll shoot you a PayPal.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fastenal is still in business but I think their intra-store shipping business must be fizzling. I got a $225.00 quote to ship an H3 rear bumper between two Fastenal stores on their truck on their time. Crazy.

4speedfunk

Yeah...based on my “walk-in” experience, I honestly don’t know how they pay rent. Both McMaster-Carr and MSC completely blow them out of the water. Even simple bolts are 3 to 4 times what they should cost. It’s always completely empty...just two employees staring out the window all day.

JPaul

Totally forgot about this. I'll check the sidewalls and tread depth on mine.

I hear you about Fastenal. They rarely have what I need in stock, I'd have better luck at Home Depot than those guys.

We also have a Grainger here that I have started going to. They have their warehouse out back so it's more the really specialty items that they have to order. A 5 inch class 10 metric bolt is not a specialty item so they actually have them in stock. Fastenal however seems to think that this is 'murica so they rarely have much in the way of metric in stock, despite most machinery these days being built with metric fasteners.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bowser-II

Just saw this thread and I should have one available tomorrow as I am finally swapping them out.

I think it is a second gen from 2014, and I can confirm tomorrow.

If your still passing through the DC region it’s yours for the price of a decent beer or coffee if you don’t mind meeting somewhere “reasonable”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk