• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Phoenix Visit Labor Day Weekend

Silverton34

Julie and I will be in Phoenix August 30 through September 5 for a quick visit. Would anyone like to meet for dinner Saturday the 1st or Sunday the 2nd?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Why don't you meet us in Ouray instead that weekend? A few of us will be in Ouray but 50/50 chance that Reloader and Jeri will be in Phoenix. I'd recommend sending them a text message. I also sent JR3T an email that you'd be in town that weekend.

BTW, the person that rented the condo next to me is really hot! Of course, her Navy Seal or something like that boyfriend is around but still, I'm okay with the neighbor.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
We'll be gone Fri-Mon so if we can get together another time, let me know. Feel free to reach out anytime with questions on the area.

Not sure if I'll be beat up or simply disappeared.

Silverton34

The Phoenix visit went well but we were consumed with house hunting. We did settle on a lot, builder and plan, construction starts in two weeks and will be complete around July. It just got really REAL.

Silverton34

635ec0d1-e284-40aa-96dd-424c5e29a837

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Congrats! What part of Phoenix did you pick?

Twin, all that stuff stopped in Phoenix after Bob Crane's (Hogan's Heroes) death in 1978 (look it up)

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Also, do you know what it's like to move furniture and boxes in 110 degrees Heat? You'll soon find out!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Zach

Mall Crawler
Twin, all that stuff stopped in Phoenix after Bob Crane's (Hogan's Heroes) death in 1978 (look it up)

You believe everything you read on the internet Alexis?[emoji849]. I’ve heard stories about you and not just from my now So Cal buddy Twin

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Also, do you know what it's like to move furniture and boxes in 110 degrees Heat? You'll soon find out!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new house, not to be a Debbie Downer---buttttt.......

We moved into our house in El Centro in July, temp was like 115 and it sucked ballz! We had a 53 foot trailer out front with like 3 or 4 movers and they about died. Sucks even more cause you just pop open the front door while the movers come in and out so you won't have a cool house for hours after they stop bringing stuff in. They sweat and lean all over the walls---get ready for your new house to need a good wipe down. Plus after awhile they start getting sloppy cause its just too hot, that's when the fun starts and things get damaged---keep lots of gatorade on hand for them and buy 'em a nice lunch

Last edited:

Silverton34

Congrats on the new house, not to be a Debbie Downer---buttttt.......

We moved into our house in El Centro in July, temp was like 115 and it sucked ballz! We had a 53 foot trailer out front with like 3 or 4 movers and they about died. Sucks even more cause you just pop open the front door while the movers come in and out so you won't have a cool house for hours after they stop bringing stuff in. They sweat and lean all over the walls---get ready for your new house to need a good wipe down. Plus after awhile they start getting sloppy cause its just too hot, that's when the fun starts and things get damaged---keep lots of gatorade on hand for them and buy 'em a nice lunch

Thanks for the heads up. We really aren’t bringing much furniture and what is brought will be in Pods so they can wait for cooler days. We will have most of what we need in the motorhome and drive it to AZ. Unfortunately, a new house needs mostly new furniture according to my lovely wife.

I’m not looking forward to the move but will love the result.