• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H1 body removal

Rolltide0323

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to lift the H1 body off? I got screwed and bought one a couple months ago that has broken exhaust manifold bolts broken off in the heads. My garage has no clue for a price quote but is going to reach out to someone tomorrow for an idea. They might not even do the fix. Anyway I figure I’m looking at least 3k + just to fix an exhaust leak. Anyone have any experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Call Mike Sabberese at Tustin GMC in Tustin, CA. He is the best H1 mechanic in the country. I have never had that issue and I know it is a chore but 3K seems high for that. I don't think prepping to lift the body off is that time intensive though.

Kurt

That's insane. You don't need to lift the body to do that job, you do need to pull the UCP and the starter but.. it sounds like you would be paying a mechanic to learn/figure out how to service the truck.

Now you would need to pull the doghouse and the engine cover but that's 20-30 minutes, and its no different than a van. I guess the mechanics don't realise the dog house comes off? I'd find another mechanic.