• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

High Engine Oil Pressure

humvee

Oil pressure has been at 40psi, up until 2 days ago, its shot up to 120-129psi.
Lowest it goes is 80 when I start her up but it shoots to 115+ immediately.

It doesn't go to zero when I turn the engine off, and based on what I've read on Silverado forums its not the sender.

I have the 5.3l motor fyi. Any thoughts?

Mr_Rich

Oil pressure has been at 40psi, up until 2 days ago, its shot up to 120-129psi.
Lowest it goes is 80 when I start her up but it shoots to 115+ immediately.

It doesn't go to zero when I turn the engine off, and based on what I've read on Silverado forums its not the sender.

I have the 5.3l motor fyi. Any thoughts?

This sounds very odd. I thought normally there would be a bypass valve in case the filter built up too much pressure. There's an oil galley plug on the driver's side front of the engine that's used to prime the engine when the oil pan is removed. That could be a another spot to check oil pressure in case you have a fitting and a gauge.

Zach

Mall Crawler
If the gauge doesn't go to zero when you shut it off, it is probably the gauge. All the other gauges go to zero when shut off? If so, I would say the stepper motor for the gauge. From GM, it is only serviced as the complete cluster. Although, you can buy the stepper motors separate aftermarket. Like eBay or such

JPaul

What gauge are you using? The H3 doesn't have an oil pressure gauge itself, so you'd either be using a mechanical or electric meter, or a scanguage or something (if you figured out how to get the oil pressure code to work, I'd love to know. The Alpha *should* have oil pressure as well as the idiot light, but I can't get any of the codes to work).

If it's an add on gauge, then it's the gauge or the sender that is busted.

humvee

Could be the sensor. I dropped it off at the shop and took a flight back home for a month.
I was using torque. The parameters are built into the app and I had to add them.

b9fab43019b4b20eb0a8fe6d24deccfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk