• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Debating on selling my H3, how to determine value?

Ryan212

I hate to even post this, but I am a crossroads, I haven't driven my H3 much in the past year, and I don't have a place to store it inside. I hate to see it sit around outside not being used, but I have several vehicles and this one gets driven the least.

I am debating on selling it, but have no idea what to ask, or even the best place to find an interested party.

Solid axle swap, Duramax diesel engine, 4L85 transmission, Atlas 2 transfer case, Dana 60 axles front and rear with ARB air lockers.

It's not a good daily driver due to the fact it has no ABS and no Airbags. It currently needs at least 1 injector.

I hate the idea of parting it out, and have considered selling without engine. I want to be honest with any potential buyers. I just have no time or space to work on it.

This H3 would be an ideal starting point for somebody with the time and space for a project, fix a few things and have a great offroad toy.

Thanks for any input.

Ryan:banghead:

Traxx

Not really sure what ballpark price on that one. Without the abs system or airbags it is not street legal and won't pass inspections in many states so an off road only toy.

Ryan212

Good point, we have no inspections or emissions here in FL. ABS is still on the truck, but no tone rings or sensors.

Acer4LO

To be honest that would be pretty hard to say with those amazing mods. Some things to keep in mind that might affect the price are:

- Super Niche Buyer.
If you are going to sell this truck you are probably going to end up selling it to another H4O because nobody outside the Hummer Community has an interest in a super custom and capable H3. All the rich guys that no nothing about wheeling are buying dealership bolt on "custom" Jeeps and 4Runners. Also the buyer is gotta be someone who has a lot of garage space and tools to work on this beast. I couldn't see to make many people (Besides Chris) work on this truck in their suburban neighborhood.

- Truck Isn't Turn-Key Ready
As Traxx mentioned the truck is currently an offoad toy, and this would be harder for many to justify buying something this expensive if there only going to use it a couple times like you have recently.

Also would you be able to take a whole bunch of pictures of the truck and post them up? Mainly looking to see the suspension and the transfer case gear lever inside. Thanks!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is such an odd duck truck that it is hard to price it. That may be one of those "have to find the right buyer" trucks. I have seen nice street stock Alpha in the 12K range around here

5gn-h3t

I have to agree with 3hummers. I’ve seen nice stock alphas for $12k-13k and even a few nice H3T’s for under $15k (either alpha or adventure, never both). I’ll be the brave one and be the first to throw out number. I’d say $6k-$8k would be a good asking price. It may be worth much more to the right buyer and fixing any small problems would greatly help. If it still looks like the 2015 pics you posted, maybe 2x that.

Happy Hummer

So, this is an after the fact engine not oem (rhetorical) lol.
It is not going to be in any shop manual and certainly not going to run into vatozone or peppi boys to get parts.
I'd say you've got a off road centric non legal (steet wise) toy. Ask what ever price you think is fair and see if someone nibbles.
Good luck either way.

4speedfunk

ABS is fixable. Add rings to the hubs and get everything hooked up.

Airbags? Sort of curious what was done to render them non-functional.

The t-case is probably the toughest thing to fix. I’m guessing there is a bunch of unused wires freaking things out. I got no clue on that one.

It has the potential of being a $30k+ vehicle but It would have to be 100% turn-key and bad-ass. The Duramax is quite possibly the most un-swap friendly motor ever, and it’s installed in quite possibly the most un-swap friendly vehicle ever. So there’s that. The complexity scares people off.

SlcHummer

Speedy, if you could fix it all up, make it street legal and sell it back to me for a great deal it'd be much appreciated ;) lol. On paper this H3 sounds like a beast and I'd love to own me one <3

Ryan212

Thanks for the feedback, I'll respond to all of the PM's I have not yet responded to when I get home from work.

After making this post, I replaced an injector and drove it to work today. I have decided I will be listing my Duramax silverado for sale, as it should be a much easier sell. That is getting cleaned up and takes care of my immediate need to reduce my fleet of cars to match my parking spots. I have also found a potential place to store the H3 inside after making this post allowing more time to make a long term decision.

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts.

5gn-h3t

Good choice!

I just sold my 2WD Silverado (fairly undesirable, I’m in the northeast) for asking price within 24 hours of listing it and I haven’t had any interest in my H3 that I have listed well under blue book.

CaddyStrophic

Just wanted to say, I'd be interested in your H3. I'd have to sell my alpha, but I would sell it if you were to come up with a price on yours. Do you have any pics?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk