• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2009 H3 Alpha For Sale

Traxx

Glws, but that is way overpriced. Probably be worthwhile to put the rear seat back in it and fix your lock issue if you plan on asking so high a price for it.

Korby7

Hard sell at the asking price with no back seats. I’d have your friend get the seats reinstalled.

Traxx

This-

"Meticulously maintained. Mint condition"

And this-

"Passenger door lock does not lock with remote but locks easily manually and there is a trickle drain on battery"

Do not go together. It is neither in mint condition nor meticulously maintained if it has existing issues.

Your friend might want to have the issues with the rig fixed and a rear seat installed if he expects to sell it at any sort of reasonable price. As it sits, it looks like someones project vehicle and be lucky to get 15k out of it. 22k is laughable.

Here is a rear seat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-10-HUMM...+rear+seat&LH_ItemCondition=4&_from=R40&rt=nc

SlcHummer

I agree with Traxx. The lock and battery issues could be minor issues and if he puts the work in himself may be able to keep the asking price in the 18k range since it's got low miles. However, without him putting in the back seats you'll have to adjust the asking price for the cost of the seats, shipping, labor, and in my opinion...the fact that the rear seats would not be oem and may not match the front seats wear/tear.

In regards to the battery trickle drain issue. When I first bought my H3 used the dealership had to replace the oem radio due to it draining the battery and I noticed your friend has a stock radio and replacing may fix this issue. This is obviously a guess given there could be many other reasons for this issue and why if not resolved by himself your friend should consider dropping the price a bit.

Army Retired

Wow, these Rigs don't sell do they? The seller called me yesterday and said WTF? The Back Seat is gone, he gets that but these vehicle were sold around the $40k mark in 2009. Selling Hummers today it's almost like giving them away. He asked about lowering his price to $10k. I said when can I pick it up? :)

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I think the depreciation schedule for Alphas is pretty good. I5s have depreciated a bit more, and H3Ts a bit less. It appears buyers are considering that $18K to be a high figure given the factors, from the seat delete, door lock, battery drain, muffler delete. That should knock a couple grand off of the price, and as for accessories/upgrades, we all know that those rarely add to the value.

Other than a few vehicles that hold their value particularly well (Corollas, Accords, etc), are there other vehicles he thinks haven't depreciated 60% in 9 years?

2010H3TAlpha

I googled "Hummer" and it's widely known to be a Lemon.

I thought you bought it? FYI making posts like this is a little annoying. Are you looking to pick a fight or actually help your friend sell his H3? He made a permanent modification to the rear seats that seriously affects depreciation (grinding down the seat studs too!). And he has two minor issues he refuses to fix before selling. But instead, you’d rather say a blanket insulting statement in hopes of what, it will anger someone into sending a buyer your way? Not a recommended approach my friend.

SlcHummer

Agreed. This vehicle isn't holding its value because of what the owner has done to it. If doing permanent modifications to it (rear seat delete/grinding stud) he probably should've considered keeping it permanently ;). Also, the passenger door remote lock probably doesn't work because of the aftermarket viper alarm that the next owner will have to deal with, yet your friend padded the price for this "upgrade"...*shakes head*