• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Bosal exhaust manifold

Sowedk

So I purchased a Bosal 079-5230 to replaced my cracked and leaking exhaust manifold after some research from this forum (thanks by the way). However I now realize that even though it states OEM fit and appeared to have two O2 bungs, it does not have a bung at all. I have to take it to my brother in laws shop regardless because I snapped off my easy out drilling out the #8 sheared off bolt, so now we’re going to try welding on a nut.

Any thoughts on a oem style manifold that doesn’t break the bank? There’s recommendations on the forum but they’re all from like 4 years ago, some of which no longer exist... I’d do a header, if cost wasn’t three or four times what a replacement mani is. Some of the replacements that do exist have no reviews or forum props.

Thanks for any insight...

Sowedk

I’m guessing one of the GM parts stores?

I looked at rock auto but now I’m concerned about the photos and if they are actually representative.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I bought my OEM exhaust manifold from the dealer. I've never used the rockauto.com pictures as exact - they may be, but I simply use the part number as the reference. I don't know of any rockauto history of misrepresenting parts. Note that AC Delco and OEM are not necessarily the same (though they sometimes may be) and usually the parts on rockauto are AC Delco. I often use ACD but at the same time acknowledge they could be slightly different.

Mr_Rich

I bought my OEM exhaust manifold from the dealer. I've never used the rockauto.com pictures as exact - they may be, but I simply use the part number as the reference. I don't know of any rockauto history of misrepresenting parts. Note that AC Delco and OEM are not necessarily the same (though they sometimes may be) and usually the parts on rockauto are AC Delco. I often use ACD but at the same time acknowledge they could be slightly different.
I think that's essentially what the guy at the Napa store told me sometime ago. Being that you're in AZ; did you ever consider using the Magnaflow exhaust manifold? I would consider one, but they aren't legal in Calif. so it's no choice on my part.

Sowedk

I guess I’ll see before returning it if I can just drill out and tap a hole for an o2 sensor. Maybe I’ll get lucky. Otherwise it’s going back and then back to the drawing board.